15th March 2015, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Service exam being a Bachelor of Hotel Management student?

Hello,
I am doing Bachelor of Hotel Management.
I want to give UPSC Civil Service exam.
Kindly tell me I am eligible to give this exam or not?
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a Bachelor of Arts student is eligible to study Master of Hotel Management?
  2. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Hotel Management being a Diploma Civil Engineer?
  3. Fee structure and minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  4. What is the scope in future for commerce students? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is bachelor preparatory program eligible for admission in BSc hotel management
  6. Admission in Master of Hotel Management for B.Sc(Botany) student? Scope and courses offerd under MHM?
  7. Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduation in Hotel management?
  8. Is B.Sc(Hotel Management) equivalent to Bachelor of Hotel Management?
  9. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  10. Is it good to study Bachelor of Hotel Management for 12th Science student?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in Entrance Exam for study Hotel Management after completing 12th Science?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?
  13. Can a LD student opt for Bachelor of Management Studies or a degree in Hotel Management?
  14. Am I eligible to join B.Ed course having completed Bachelor of Hotel Management and MBA?
  15. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Hotel Management in Abroad being a 34 years old male?
  16. What should I do to become an IPS officer after taking commerce?
  17. Detailed information about Bachelor Of Hotel Management? Documents required at the time of admission for Nepali student?
  18. Brief introduction about Hotel Management course? Minimum percentage required in Diploma in Civil Engineering to apply for Hotel Management course?
16th March 2015, 02:38 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Service exam being a Bachelor of Hotel Management student?

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Service Examination. Minimum Education Qualification to apply for this examination is that candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. So, definitely you are eligible to apply for this examination. Civil Service Exam notification is not yet released, but you can expect the notification in the month of July/August in the year of examination.
16th March 2015, 03:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Service exam being a Bachelor of Hotel Management student?

You are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Service Exam only when you are in final year of BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management) course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for UPSC Civil Service Examination is "Degree of a recognized university" or its equivalent educational qualification. Remember, candidates who have passed their Bachelor Degree in "Any Discipline" are eligible to appear in Civil Services (Preliminary) and Civil Services (Mains) Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.

Candidates appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible (final year pursuing candidates) appearing in the examination, however they are supposed to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination. Hence, you are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services Examination only in two cases, either must be a final year BHM graduate or must have passed BHM course to be eligible.
16th March 2015, 05:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing Bachelor of Hotel Management.
I want to give UPSC Civil Service exam.
Kindly tell me I am eligible to give this exam or not?
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, Graduate in Hotel Management are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
17th March 2015, 04:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Services Commission. It is the examination conducting body which conducts lots of entrance examination at national level.

Civil Services Examination is one of the them. The various eligibility criteria required in order to appear for the Civil services examination are as follows:

1. Academic Qualification:

>>You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final years candidates of bachelor's degree are also allowed to appear for it.

So, if you are in final year of bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, you can apply for the coming 2015 exam.

2.Age criteria:

The general age limit is 21-30 years. For OBC and SC/ST candidates there is an age relaxation of three years and five years in upper age limit respectively.

Examination Pattern:

It has three stages. The first one is the preliminary examination which is of qualifying nature. You need to qualify in order to be eligible for Mains examination and last stage is interview.

For any more details, visit official website of UPSC, www.upsc.gov.in
31st March 2015, 09:10 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC Indian Civil Service Examination :

A candidate should possess bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Those candidates, who are pursuing final year/semester of their graduation may also apply for prelims examination.

Age of the candidate should be minimum 21 years and not more than 30 years.

Upper age relaxations are applicable for candidates belonging to reserved category which are 05 years for SC/ST, 05 years for PH candidates and 03 years for OBC category candidates.

Number of attempts to appear for UPSC Indian Civil Service Examination :

General Category candidates - 06 times but not after the age of 32 years of age.

OBC - Other Backward Classes candidates - 09 times but not after the age of 35 years of age.

SC/ST category candidates - No limit but not after the age of 37 years.

So these are the conditions to appear for examination and you have to qualify following stages to become an IAS Officer in India :

01. Preliminary Examination : Two objective type papers of General Studies and CSAT will be conducted in this stage and you have to pass prelims exam then only you can appear for mains exam.

02. Mains examination : Descriptive type papers conducted in this test in which two papers are based on the subject of the choice of candidate and other papers are based on rules mentioned in notice.

03. Interview Process : If you qualify mains examination then you have to appear for interview and perform well. Your marks of mains exam and interview will make you finally selected or deselected so work hard to achieve your target.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?