17th May 2011, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduation in Hotel management?

I am a graduate in hotel management.Am I eligible for any upsc and ssc exams?I am very much anxious to know about the upsc exams criteria,so please give me reply if possible to my email-id ([email protected])

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exams after completing 3 years full time Hotel Management Diploma course?
  2. Is it possible to do post graduation in Hotel Management after completing Electrical Engineering?
  3. Can I do Post graduation in Hotel Management after B.Com Honors or is it necessary to do graduation in Hotel Management?
  4. Eligibility for doing Hotel Management course after B.Com?
  5. How to do MBA after BBA? I am pursuing BBA from IP university
  6. Am I eligible to do Hotel Management course after completion of B.Com course? -- [New]
  7. Admission in Master of Hotel Management for B.Sc(Botany) student? Scope and courses offerd under MHM?
  8. Preferred books for the preparation of Hotel management entrance exams?
  9. Which would be better for me MBA in Hotel Management or M.Sc in Hotel Management? Difference between both of them?
  10. Can I study MBA in Hotel Management being a BBA graduate?
  11. What is the course duration of Master of Hotel Management program? How much salary I will get after completing MHM?
  12. How should I join Hotel management course after completing graduation from commerce?
  13. After passing 12th in non medical with 68.4% what should I do?
  14. Is it possible for me to do hotel management after graduation?
  15. Can I study MBA in Hotel Management after completing B.Com(H)?
  16. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  17. Can I appear for MPSC and UPSC? Which are the branches open for me?
  18. Best colleges for Hotel Management in Mumbai? Is there any entrance exam for Hotel Management course? -- [Most Discussed]
17th May 2011, 12:10 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduation in Hotel management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a graduate in hotel management.Am I eligible for any upsc and ssc exams?I am very much anxious to know about the upsc exams criteria,so please give me reply if possible to my email-id ([email protected])
There is no Specific course,But the course is Equivalent to Graduation.

Union Public Service Commission(Upsc)Conducts the various Government Jobs in the country.The Exams like IPS,IAS,IFS,IES......

The Entrance Examination is divided Into two Parts : 1)Preliminary 2)Main

First You must Clear the Preliminary Examination.

Eligibility Criteria :

The candidate must possess a degree from a Recognized University Or Equivalent Qualification.Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear In the Preliminary Examination.

Four attempts for General candidates.
Seven attempts for Obc candidates.
No limit for SC/ST.

Age limits :
  • 21 - 30 Yrs for General candidates.
  • 21 - 33 Yrs for Other backward classes.
  • 21 - 35 Yrs for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.

So,I think you are Eligible for Upsc Exams.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2011, 03:51 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
UPSC conducts examination for various departments and posts under government of India.
There is no particular exam which is conducted for hotel management graduate but being a graduate, in any stream, you are eligible for civil service examination and central police force examination.
The age limit to appear for civil service exam is between 21-30 years with relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
The minimum eligible age for central police force examination is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years.
The application form are available at designated post offices and head post offices, after the notification is published by UPSC.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
17th May 2011, 05:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

If you are a graduate from a recognised university then certainly you can appear for these tests. You will need to have atleast 50% marks in the qualifying exam. Also your age should be above 21 years and should not have crossed 30 years. If these conditions are met then certainly you can start preparing for the same. You can visit the official site to know about these exams.
17th May 2011, 07:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes definitely ! After completing Graduation in Hotel management, You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The minimum eligiblity criteria, to apply for UPSC examination was Graduation and after graduation, you are eligible to apply for UPSC CSAT examination.

So, after graduation any candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC CSAT examination. The examination was held 2 times in a year. The examination is held in 2 stages - Priliminery exam and main exams.

And after clear both the examination, you are eligible for Final Interview.

But to apply for UPSC CSAT examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years and the upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and for OBC Candidates. The general candidates will get 4 attempts in this examination.

So, after completing your hotel management graduate course, you are eligible for UPSC CSAT examination. For complete information regarding UPSC CSAT examination, please visit the official website of UPSC -

www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2011, 09:31 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, you will be eligible.
UPSC requirement is that you should be a graduate in any stream from a govt recognized university.
Age requirement : 21-30 yrs.
NO of attempts:
4 for general
6 for OBC
no limit for SC/ST

These two websites will be helpful in your preparation:
http://www.upscportal.gov.in
http://www.onestopias.com
18th May 2011, 06:46 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

yes, surely you are eligible for UPSC exam after completing graduation in
hotel management because the minimum eligibility criteria for applying
UPSC examination is graduation in any stream from a recognize university and the age must be between 21 to 30 year at the time of appearing in the UPSC examination.

According to eligibility criteria you are eligible for UPSC examination.
You can give UPSC CSAT exam which is held in the two stage.
1) Preliminary exam.
2) Main exam.

For any more information about UPSC exam please see the below website :
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
13th July 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for upsc after bachelor in hospital management.if yes then what will be my subject syllabus.([email protected])
28th August 2011, 08:16 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
UPSC educational classification is just graduation. It doesn't matter in which course you are studying. If you have a graduation degree than you are eligible for the examination. There are many examination conducted by UPSC like Civil services examination, IFS examination and Bank PO examination etc.
Eligibility of UPSC examination is provided below
•-> Graduation degree from any recognized university.
•-> Age limit - 21 to 30 year (Additional 5 year relaxation to SC/ST aspirants and 3 year relaxation to OBC Candidates).

for more detail please log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

GOOD LUCK
29th August 2011, 01:06 AM
saugata2008

Eligibility criteria for UPSC exam -
1. age limit =21 to 30 years
2. Only graduate candidates can apply.

So yes you can apply.

You can go for UPSC CSAT .
The exam is conducted in two stages.
If you can appear in Primary stage then you can give the main exam .

thank you
11th February 2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear Excellency,
Is am eligible for UPSC examination after completion my Diploma in Hotel Management from PTU,and completion my Degree in Hotel Management from European University.But its not mentioned on my certificate,the University name.Its written Advanced Diploma In Hospitality and Tourism Management.But the certificate carry the degree eligibility.
Thanks & Regards ,
Kindly revert me on my E-mail.([email protected])
17th August 2014, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my hotel management from yashwantrao chavan university can i apply for upsc exam????? and is it a recognised university
kindly send me your reply on [email protected]
25th October 2018, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

Hello! I am gonna to take Hospitality and tourism management for my Bachelor's degree. From the light of above, I know that any bachelor's degree is eligible. But how about the optional paper ?
14th March 2019, 09:58 AM
Meg24

Yes you are eligible for the Upsc examination .
The Upsc website only mentions that the candidate should have completed a degree from a recognised Indian University.
Also the minimum age of the candidate should be 21.
That is anyone above the age of 21 having a degree can apply for the exam.

So you are perfectly eligible provided you are 21 years.
1st April 2019, 04:16 PM
Quikri

Yes you are eligible for the civil service exam conducted by UPSC which recruits candidates for the prestigious Civil service.
The only eligibility criteria for the exam is the candidate should have completed his graduation from a recognised Indian University .
The age bracket should be 21-32 with age relaxation for certain communities.

So when the only eligibility is just a degree,you are eligible for fir the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?