6th March 2015, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services recruitment exam for Political Science and Public Administration subjects being a B.Sc(IT) student of PTU?

Hello,
I am doing B.Sc(IT) from Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
Am I eligible for preparing UPSC Civil Services exam?
I want to appear for Civil Services taking subjects
Political Science and Public Administration.
Please guide me for same

Related Questions:
  1. Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?
  2. Am i eligible to do M.A through private with any subject of Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science? I've done B.A with same subjects
  3. Which subject should I choose for IAS PT examination? I have completed B.E computer sciences
  4. UPSC Civil Services Exams Eligibility with Gap Years in Graduation -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Required Qualification for IAS?
  6. If I am doing B.Tech IT can I do special subject for IPS?
  7. University of North Bengal, Directorate of Distance Education- M.A in Political Science Part I-Course 5 Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  8. Books to be referred for IAS after passing 10th
  9. How to become an IPS officer after finishing my M.A?
  10. Kuvempu University B.A Political Science 3rd Year Paper-IV: Public Administration Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. How to become an IAS Officer after the completion of B.Sc in Chemistry?
  12. Details for csp codes?
  13. Is this possible to take Public Administration and Political Science as optional subjects for Main Exam?
  14. Guidance to prepare for Civil Services Examination with Public Administration and Psychology subjects?
  15. Am I eligible for IPS exam? I am a student of PTU BSc IT final year
  16. Civil Services Main: Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Can I become a collector by choose maths? Which subject should I take?
  18. What should i do to prepare for Civil Services Exam? I am a first year UG student of Public Admininstration
9th March 2015, 08:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services recruitment exam for Political Science and Public Administration subjects being a B.Sc(IT) student of PTU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing B.Sc(IT) from Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
Am I eligible for preparing UPSC Civil Services exam?
I want to appear for Civil Services taking subjects
Political Science and Public Administration.
Please guide me for same
Yes, you are eligible for Civil Service exam because you have completed B.Sc degree in IT.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about Civil Service exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
10th April 2015, 07:54 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services recruitment exam for Political Science and Public Administration subjects being a B.Sc(IT) student of PTU?

Yes of course certainly you are eligible to apply for the Civil's examination with your educational qualification. Coming to the subjects if you have a knowledge and interest on these subjects definitely you can take these two subjects as optional subjects in your Main's Examination.

But Prelims Examination is common for all the candidates irrespective of Educational qualification and age limits.

For Eligibility details you can go through the below eligibility criteria for Civil Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil's :

1.You should complete the graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks .

2.Minimum Age : 21 years

Maximum Age : 30 years

3.There is a Age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

4.Final year students of graduation can also eligible to apply for the Civil's examination.

Date of Prelims Examination : May 2015

Date of Main's Examination : Oct -Nov 2015.
13th April 2015, 05:51 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for civil services exam with your qualification on a condition that the university from which you have completed your graduation is a recognized university by the central government.

UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
15th April 2015, 05:35 PM
kunalroy89

Yes you can appear for the subjects of Political Science and Public administration despite being B.Sc IT graduate.
Choice of subject is totally independent of subject of graduation.
As a matter of fact,most candidates from technical background choose Political Science,Public Administration,Geography and History among their subjects for Mains. You already have to study these subjects thoroughly during prelims so why not improve upon that. Moreover,scoring in these papers is relatively easier, although very slightly, than in pure science or commerce or technical papers.
Subject of Graduation is not even needed for being eligible also.If you are a graduate from any stream you are eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?