1st April 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Central government Class 1 job?

I am serving West Bengal govt. since 10.10.2002. I am a sc candidate and my DOB is 05.08.1976. I am seeking for central govt. class 1 job. Am I eligible for the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Tamilnadu Central government job?
  2. Maximum age limit to appear for CTET?
  3. Am I eligible to attend central/government state government job exam after passing inter with 61%
  4. Procedure to get teaching job in central and state government schools? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to get a teacher job in central government? What is the procedure and which exam do I have to answer?
  6. Age relaxation in Central government job being 30 years old State government employee?
  7. Can I apply for CTET test after doing Nursery Teacher Training in 2nd year?
  8. Any chance to get a job in Government after BA and TPT(Telugu)? Details about all the government and central government exams?
  9. Whether I am eligible to appear in MHCET if I have passed class 12th from Delhi however my father is a central government employee?
  10. How to apply for Job Opportunities in Central Government after completion of B-Pharmacy course?
  11. Job Opportunities in State and Central Government for me being a candidate having completed Diploma in CS?
  12. Am I eligible for central/state government job after passing B.Tech civil from JRM RVD Vidyapeeth Rajasthan
  13. Can I get a job in any central government department? I am a retired AP state employee
  14. Best books to be preferred for central government jobs? Exam pattern for central government job(Telecom)?
  15. Central government jobs in Gujarat after graduating in Nursing?
  16. Any opportunity to join government sector after finishing MCA? Any exams to get a government jobs? Information about government and central government exams?
  17. Could I be eligible for any state or central government job after completing graduation in ELLIM university Sikkim?
  18. Am I eligible for state government or central government jobs after completing B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering?
8th April 2014, 08:29 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Central government Class 1 job?

Civil service is under class 1 of the government. The IAS(Indian administrative service), IPS(Indian police service), IFS(Indian forest service), IRS(Indian revenue service) are under civil service. Your age must under 32 for general, 35 for OBC there are no age limit for SC/ST candidates. If you are general or OBC you can attempt 4 times. If you are SC/ST you can attempt unlimited times.

You considered that your date of birth is 05/08/1976 it means you are 38 years old. You don't have mentioned your cast. If you are general then I am sorry to say that you can not apply civil service exam for class 1 post because it requires 32 year for general. If you are OBC also you can not apply for civil service because it requires 35 years old. If you require SC/ST then you can apply for the civil service exam because for SC/ST there are no age required for attempting for civil service exam.

So my suggestion is be happy with you profession and stay cool. Because you don’t have any bad profession because you are a government servant. Because every one want a government job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?