4th June 2017, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give exam for physiotherapist?

Sir, I am bachelor of physiotherapy student studying in 3rd year and I also want to pursue IAS degree? So, am I eligible to give exam as physiotherapist graduate?

5th June 2017, 03:07 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give exam for physiotherapist?

In order to become a IAS officer you should have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. The age limit to apply is 21 years to 32 years, for OBC candidates it is 35 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 37 years. You must hold an Indian citizenship and should be physically fit.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC departments. The selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the examination followed by physical/medical test and personal interview. So, after completing bachelor's degree in physiotherapy you can appear for IAS examination.
5th June 2017, 02:07 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, in order to write the exam which is conducted by the UPSC the candidate must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized university irrespective of marks and stream. If you have successfully completed your graduation in physiotherapy then you are eligible to write the IAS examination.
5th June 2017, 11:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IAS exam, any graduate from a recognised university is eligible. If you have got bachelor in physiotherapy from a recognized university, then you should not be worried about anything. Just start preparing for the exam.

UPSC conducts the exam for IAS and selection is based on merit through written exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?