15th August 2016, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS officer post with 4 feet height?

Sir,I am now in degree final year(B Com computers). I have a passion to become an IAS Officer & IPS officer but my height is very less. I am 4 feet only. I thought to apply for police. If I write any exam will they agree for an IPS officer or for IAS officer? After degree can I prepare for civils and write exam will I get that post? If I do degree final year distance education then for civils exam they will agree or not?

15th August 2016, 07:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS officer post with 4 feet height?

No, you will not be eligible to qualify in Indian Police Service even after qualifying in written and interview stages of examination.

As the minimum height to join Indian Police Service for general category candidates is 165 cm where as for SC/ST it is 160cm.

And you are below this height. So, you are not eligible for job. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th August 2016, 07:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for an I.A.S Officer but not eligible for I.P.S Officer. The recruitment in both the post is on the basis of Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

But for the I.P.S minimum height required is 165 cm where as for I.A.S post there is no any height limit.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for I.A.S jobs and make your passion come true. To get information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th August 2016, 07:46 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me you are not eligible for Civil Services. For Civil Services height should not less than 164cm.
You should try in some other sector like Banking, SSC, UDC, FCI and many more.
15th August 2016, 08:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc. The minimum height required for Indian Police Services is 165 cms. As you are only four feet in height, you are not eligible for Indian Police Services. But you are eligible for different services like IAS, IRS and Indian Foreign Services.

The academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree are also eligible for this exam. You must ensure that institute from which you do final year bachelor's degree in distance must be approved by Distance Education council.

The age limit for this examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category. Three years upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.
15th August 2016, 08:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to make you clear that for recruitment of both IPS officer and IAS officer there is a common entrance examination i.e; Civil Services examination.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Service examination are as below:-

I) You must have the citizenship of India.

II) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if you are a general candidate. Further relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved candidate candidates as per the government rules.

III) You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be pursuing the final year of same from a recognised university.

There is no specific physical requirement for IAS officer but for the post of IPS officer there is physical requirement out of which one is the height requirement of 165 cm which you do not fulfil the height requirement by being 4 feet tall.

For more details regarding civil services examination you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
17th August 2016, 12:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,I am now in degree final year(B Com computers). I have a passion to become an IAS Officer & IPS officer but my height is very less. I am 4 feet only. I thought to apply for police. If I write any exam will they agree for an IPS officer or for IAS officer? After degree can I prepare for civils and write exam will I get that post? If I do degree final year distance education then for civils exam they will agree or not?
No, you are not eligible for IPS post. But you can apply for IAS, IFS post.

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
9th December 2017, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my height is 5 feet 4 inches may I eligible for Indian police services ? If not what is other alternatives. Please, answer me sir
27th May 2020, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir my hight is 149 cm im I eligible to become an IPS officer ? I'm belongs to sc category nd I'm a girl
8th August 2020, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am 4'9 feet can and a girl from sc category can I become ips officer
8th August 2020, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m 4'9 feet and a girl from sc category can I be ips officer
25th July 2021, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

my height is 4.9 so can i became a ips officer
24th November 2021, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for pcs with 4.9 feet height and arts in graduation
9th March 2022, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm 4.6 height my category OBC can i become IPS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?