12th July 2015, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Railways and Banking sector jobs being a 3rd year B.Tech student with 65% aggregate?

Sir I am currently pursuing my btech 3rd yr...im with 65% aggregate....inter 90..10th 90...am i eligible yo any govt job?iam interested in railwys and baking sectors...can you please guide me....is there any need to appear gate for the govt jobs..?

Related Questions:
  1. How many government sector jobs are available in banking and Indian Railways? How many seats are available for CSE department?
  2. Which job will suit me after B.Tech in CSE? Can I get a job in Banks and Railways?
  3. Job Opportunities in Banking and other sectors for a Graduate with 3rd Division?
  4. Am I eligible for internship program? How to apply? I'm a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student with an aggregate of 81% marks
  5. Am I eligible for a job after B.Tech? I am a B.Tech 3rd year computer science student
  6. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%?
  7. Am I eligible for the latest posts in AP transco zenco apdcl npdcl spdcl? What are the other jobs present in government sector? I am a B.Tech final year student from EEE brach
  8. Is BTech.(IT) equivalent to B.Tech. (CS)?
  9. How to get a job after passing diploma ECE?
  10. How to make entry into banking sector while doing 3rd year B.Tech? Suggestions for getting bank jobs?
  11. Recruitment available in Government sector except Banking for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?
  12. What can i do after B.Com?
  13. What are the jobs in banking sector for computer science students?
  14. How to get good jobs in Banking Sector? What to do to get good salaried banking jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which Government Jobs I can apply in Railways, Airports and Banking after completion of B.Tech in CSE?
  16. What are the jobs available in railways for IT engineers? I am pursuing B.Tech IT
  17. For what kind of job will I be eligible(specially in government sector) after scoring 70% aggregate?
  18. What kind of jobs can I get in government sector after securing 73% in B.Tech 3rd year?
13th July 2015, 01:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Railways and Banking sector jobs being a 3rd year B.Tech student with 65% aggregate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am currently pursuing my btech 3rd yr...im with 65% aggregate....inter 90..10th 90...am i eligible yo any govt job?iam interested in railwys and baking sectors...can you please guide me....is there any need to appear gate for the govt jobs..?
After completion of B.Tech degree, you can apply for Bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

But you can apply now in SCRA exam.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who are doing final year of 12th can also apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be 17 to 21 years old for SCRA exam.
13th July 2015, 02:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Railways and Banking sector jobs being a 3rd year B.Tech student with 65% aggregate?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Railways and Banking sector recruitments being a 3rd year B.Tech student. The reason why you are not eligible to apply for these recruitments is due to insufficient educational qualification. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for Banking sector recruitments and Railway sector recruitments is "Graduate Degree" or "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates who have passed Graduation, i.e., B.Tech in your case are eligible to appear in these recruitment examinations. Candidates who are appearing in their Final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for these recruitments. Since you are presently in third year of B.Tech, you can apply for Railway and Banking recruitments from next year onwards i.e., when you will be in Final year of B.Tech. So I can clearly say that, you are not eligible to do any government job this year.

Yes, there are many public sector organizations that recruit young and dynamic candidates based on GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Score and Interview score. But not all organizations consider this GATE score, instead they conduct their own recruitment process. But yes, qualifying GATE Exam would really help you in getting government job to some extent. So I suggest you to prepare very well for Banking and Railway sector exams this year and apply for the same from next year.
13th July 2015, 04:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for Railways and Banking sector jobs after completing your B.Tech degree .

Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway. The UPSC as well as the Central Government conducts the examinations for the recruitment of the candidates for various posts.

Eligibility criteria for technical post :-

-Minimum qualification required is Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university with suitable typing speed in Hindi/English as per the requirement of the post.

-The age limit required to get railway job is from 18 years to 30 years.Relaxation in age is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

Eligibility criteria for non-technical post :-

-The candidate should have passed 10th or 12th as per the post requirement.

-The candidate age should be in between 18 to 30 years of age.Age Relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

Railway selection procedure involves of

* Written test , and

* Interview .

Railway written examination is conducted for following papers:

General Awareness

Arithmetic Ability

Technical Ability

Test of Reasoning .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for Banking sector are as under :-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-Questions for the exam are generally asked from English,General awareness, Marketing and Computers, Quantitative aptitude,Test of reasoning.

-The exam process is conducted in different stages;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.

Yes,you will have to appear for the GATE exam to get job in PSUs like GAIL, ONGC, NTPC, BHEL, BARC etc.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

- The candidate must have graduation degree in B.E/B.Tech/Architecture with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.The candidates who are appearing in final year of their degree are also eligible to apply.

-The age limit to apply is from 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in age limit as per the Govt. rules.

- There is no limit for the number of attempts.

-The selection process involves of written test and interview.
13th July 2015, 07:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get the job in the banking or railway as you are in the 3rd year. But you can apply for the examination after your 4th year.

As the minimum eligibility to get the job in the banking or in the railway is the graduation. So you need to first complete your graduation. There is no bar regarding the discipline of the graduation and on the aggregate.

Yes, you need to appear in the GATE examination and also to score the rank with in the 500 to get the recruitment in the NTPC, SAIL, BHEL etc...The eligibility to appear for the GATE examination is candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university in the Bachelor of Technology. There is no limitation on the number of attempts to appear for the examination.

But you need to clear the entrance examination for the final recruitment in the different government jobs. So start your preparation as according to the aim of the job according to the syllabus.
13th July 2015, 07:50 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after the completion of your graduation, you can apply for many jobs in Railways and Banking sector. You have very good percentage in your 10th and 12th standard, so, you have good chances to get a job. If you want to get a job in railway department, you can apply for Railway exams like RRB and in case, if you are interested sector, you can apply for bank exams like IBPS, SBI PO and clerk exams, etc.
13th July 2015, 09:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Railways and Banking sector jobs being a 3rd year student but, you can apply for jobs only which requires 12th standard as the minimum educational qualification. But, you cannot apply for jobs which requires qualification as Graduation. If the minimum educational qualification is Graduation then, candidates who are pursuing final year or those who completed Graduation are eligible to apply for Railways and Banking Sector jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?