11th June 2015, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Application procedure for Indian Army and Navy jobs after doing B.A in English, Political Science and Sociology with 58% marks?

plz tell me may i eligible for navy or indian army jobs. i have done my B.A in english, political science and sociology with 58% marks..... i want to join an indian army or a navy.....so how can i apply ...???

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Indian Army after completing 12th science with 86.33%
  2. Does St. Xavier's college offer Geography Hons?
  3. Am I eligible to study M.A.(Sociology) after completing B.A.(Political Science)?
  4. How can I join Navy being a candidate having completed Degree course in Arts stream in the year of 2011?
  5. Ph.D in Sociology is a good option for PG in Sociology, Political Science and Journalism & Mass Communication student?
  6. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  7. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the statistics CUCET exam pattern?
  9. Will I get a seat in B.A Economics after scoring 80% in 12th?
  10. What can I do after B.A with subjects like English Literature, Sociology, Political Science
  11. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  12. Procedure to apply for Clerical post in Indian Army for 12th student?
  13. University of North Bengal, Directorate of Distance Education- M.A in Political Science Part I-Course 4 Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  14. Best career option for me after 12th if I belong to arts stream with subjects like Political Science, Economics, Logic and Philosophy, Sociology, English and Alternative English?
  15. SSLC previous years board question papers?
  16. Job Opportunities in Indian Navy, Army and Air Force after the completion of B.Sc in Computer Science with 55%?
  17. What are the jobs available for me in Indian Navy, Navy, Air Force?
  18. Procedure to join Indian Navy after completing HSC?
12th June 2015, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application procedure for Indian Army and Navy jobs after doing B.A in English, Political Science and Sociology with 58% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
plz tell me may i eligible for navy or indian army jobs. i have done my B.A in english, political science and sociology with 58% marks..... i want to join an indian army or a navy.....so how can i apply ...???
You have completed B.A so you are eligible for Indian Army post through CDS exam.

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

Application process:-

Log on to the website www.upsc.gov.in

Click on the link of “Notification: Combined Defense Services Exam (I) 2015″ in the “What’s New” window.

Open the link “CDS I 2015 Online Registration“

Click on the link “Click here”

Then fill all the mandatory details and submit it.

Make payment of application fee.

Then complete the “Part- II Registration” process and submit final application form.

Also take a printout for further reference
12th June 2015, 12:36 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application procedure for Indian Army and Navy jobs after doing B.A in English, Political Science and Sociology with 58% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are many entrance exams which are conducted for candidates to join in defence forces such as Army, Navy and Air Force and there are eligibility criteria's which are also needed to be satisfied. I have mentioned the exams and their respected eligibility criteria below for reference:

Eligibility for CDS

=> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

=> Age limit for the CDS Exam is that the candidate must have 19-24 years of age.

=> Education qualification for the CDS Exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university.

=> Final year candidates can also apply for this exam

=> Candidate should be physically fit according to the physical standard.

Eligibility for UES :

=> Candidate appearing for the exam must be a citizen of India

=> Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for the UES Exam.

=> The age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 19-25 years of age.

=> The education qualification for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university. Even final year candidates can apply for the exam.

Eligibility for NCC Special Entry Scheme:

=> Candidate should have citizenship of India.

=> Candidate appearing for the exam must be a unmarried/married man.

=> Age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 19-25 years of age.

=> Education qualification for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate.

If you satisfy the criteria's for the respected exam then you can apply for that exam.
12th June 2015, 12:58 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you ae eligible for the Indian Army but not for the Indian Navy but you have to qualify in the CDS examination which is conducted twice every year by the UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the CDS examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 19-23 years.
* Both male and female unmarried citizen are eligible.

For the Indian Army there is no limitation on the discipline of graduation but for the Navy it is essential to have the graduation in Physics/Mathematics or any of the stream of B.tech.

The examination is conducted inthe two stages and it is necessary to qualify in each stage to move for the next and finally for the recruitment in the Indian Army. The written and the SSB.

Generally it is believed that the SSB is much more tough as compared to the Written but you have to clear the written. So start your preparation join the Indian Army and surve the country.

For any more information or notifications regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th June 2015, 05:11 PM
vickyhansi

You can join only Indian Army after graduation in B.A in English, Political Science and Sociology.

You have to apply CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility for CDS exam:

You should have passed graduation from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 19-24 years.

You must be citizen of India.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam which consist general ability and Mathematics.

SSB Interview

Physical and medical test
12th June 2015, 07:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to make you clear that being an arts stream pursuer you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy but you are eligible for joining Indian Army but for that you will have to crack Combined Defense Services examination.

Combined Defense Services examination is held by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year and are commonly known as CDS I & CDS II.

The basic qualifications required for appearing in this examination for the wing of Indian army are as following :-

* You must be an Indian resident.

* Your age must be 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement.

The examination is held in two stages which are as written examination and service selection board interview respectively.

For more queries and information regarding the pattern of examination and notifications about the same log on to its official link of UPSC. You can apply online for the same examination by visiting the link www.upsc.gov.in.
27th July 2015, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

sir/Madam, is there any possibility for an english major student to get into the Indian Navy?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?