17th March 2015, 04:16 AM
Unregistered

B.Com 1st semester student is eligible for IBPS exam?

I am studying b. Com 1st sem I am eligible to do ibps my age is already 18 years and i desperately want to do that at any cost.

17th March 2015, 11:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Com 1st semester student is eligible for IBPS exam?

* No, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS examination.

* IBPS stands for Institute of banking personnel selection conducts written examination for the recruitment of various posts in public sector banks.

* ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. The minimum age of the candidate must be 20 years and the maximum age is 28 years of age.

3. Aspirants must complete his graduation in any stream from a recognized university/ institute.
18th March 2015, 02:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying b. Com 1st sem I am eligible to do ibps my age is already 18 years and i desperately want to do that at any cost.
No, you are not eligible for IBPS exam.

IBPS stands for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections. IBPS examination is conducted for the recruitment in the different public sectors banks.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IBPS PO and Clerk exam. The age criteria for IBPS PO exam is 21 to 30 years old. The age criteria for IBPS clerk exam is 20 to 28 years old. Age relaxation is provide for reserved category candidates.

For any more information regarding the eligibility criteria and the other information please visit the official website of the IBPS http://www.ibps.in
18th March 2015, 08:58 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say that, you are not Eligible to apply for IBPS Bank Exams now with the present educational qualification. Yes, you are still pursuing B.Com 1st year and so you are absolutely not eligible to apply for IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) Recruitments. As you are really willing to apply for IBPS Bank Examinations, you must first know the required eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification:

>> Candidates must have passed "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university/ institution.

Age Criteria:

Minimum age - 20 years

Maximum age - 28 years

Important Instruction:

Since you did not meet the age criteria and Educational qualification criteria, you are required to wait for 2 MORE YEARS. Meanwhile start your strong preparation and get good command over Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English and General Awareness (Current Affairs) sections which are mandatory sections. When you will be in third year of B.Com, you can then apply for all kind of IBPS Exams (IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB, IBPS PO Exams).
18th March 2015, 11:23 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS exam being a 18 years old candidate. To apply for this examination, the candidate must have minimum 20 years. Degree is mandatory qualification to apply for this examination. Since you are still pursuing 1st year of B.Com course. So, you didn't eligible to apply for this examination. These are the main two reasons, you are ineligible to apply for IBPS examination.
27th March 2015, 09:19 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I think you don't have the eligibility to apply for IBPS and the reason is you did not satisfy the educational qualification required by the IBPS .Actually it is the common written examination to apply for the Various posts in different Public Sector Banks. For this you should have a Graduation as the requirement . The Age should be in between 21 to 28 years for the IBPS clerk.

If you satisfy all the above requirements you are eligible to apply for the IBPS examination.
14th April 2015, 02:26 PM
Ashwakh

No , you are not eligible to apply for the Ibps bank exams now .

~ To apply for the ibps bank clerk exam ,

--> You should complete your Graduation from a Recognised university .
--> Your age shouldbe in between 20-28 years only , if you belong to General category
--> Your age shouldbe in between 20-31 years only , if you belong to OBC Category
--> Your age shouldbe in between 20-33 years only , if you belong to SC , ST category
--> You shouldbe a citizen of India

So , it is possible to apply for Ibps bank clerk exam only after completion of your Graduation (B.com).
3rd August 2015, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I got 88.86% in my puc commerce now I'M Bcom first year I think i'm not eligible fot banking exam. So now how should I prepare for that. Im dull in maths. Is it necessary got join to any coaching center.
31st December 2017, 08:40 PM
nishanth60

It is sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for exams conducted by IBPS as you are still studying B.COM 1st semester.
Eligibility for IBPS CLERK exam :
-> Educational qualification required is Graduation or any other equivalent examination pass from UGC approved college or university and there is no marks percentage criteria to apply.
-> Age limit to apply for this post is 18-28 years and the age relaxations are as per Reserve Bank of India regulations.
-> Selection procedure of this exam is preliminary test, main exam and Language Proficiency Test.

Eligibility for IBPS PO exam :
-> Graduation in any stream with atleast 60% of marks in aggregate from recognised institution is the educational qualification required to apply for this exam.
-> Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are : 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC and ST candidates, 10 years for Physically challenged candidates.
-> Recruitment process of this exam is
* Preliminary exam
* Main exam and
* Personal interview.
# For further information please check www.ibps.in
10th January 2018, 02:43 PM
babytara

Post Re: B.Com 1st semester student is eligible for IBPS exam?

No, you are not eligible for the IBPS exam.

There are 3 types of exams- IBPS PO/CLERK, IBPS RRB CLERK/PO, IBPS SO.

Qualification: Candidates must have passed graduation in any stream 55% from a recognized university.

Age limit: 20-27 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC upto 5 years.

Selection Process:
1. Preliminary exam 1 hr. 100 marks(reasoning-35,mathematics-35,english-30).

2. Mains-2 hrs,200 marks, english,mathematics,general knowledge,reasoning.

3. Interview.

I have attached pdfs of IBPS EXAM.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2. .Practice Set IBPS CWE PO-IV.pdf(253.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf Syllogism-Possibility-Detailed Analysis.pdf(25.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf RULES OF SYLLOGISM.pdf(152.3 KB, 5 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?