30th January 2012, 06:46 PM
Gokul ngr

Is 1st semester more important for campus interview? Am I eligible to attend the campus interview after scoring 60% and above in 1st semester?

is 1st semester is more important for the campus interview ?
if i score 60% and above in the 1st semester and 85% and above in the rest of the semesters will i m eligible to attend the campus interview ?

Related Questions:
  1. Is 1st semester taken in to consideration for the campus interview? Minimum average required to attend the interview?
  2. Am I eligible to attend TCS On-Campus Interview if secured 67% aggregate in B.Tech but below 60% in both 1st and 2nd semester?
  3. Am I eligible to attend Aricent On-Campus Interview if having a backlog in B.Tech?
  4. Eligibility to attend Accenture On-Campus Interview with a backlog for B.Tech 7th semester candidate? -- [New]
  5. Eligibility to attend Cognizant Off-Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 74% in 10th, 62% in 12th and 63% till 6th semester of B.E.?
  6. If I have scored 1st class in 6th semester and distinction in rest all of the semesters then do I satisfy the criteria for campus interview in MNC's? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Will early backlog create problem in campus interview?
  8. Will I be eligible to attend the campus interviews of Wipro, Accenture and Infosys after scoring 65% marks till 6th semester?
  9. Am I eligible to attend Accenture Off-Campus Interview if secured 64% in B.E.?
  10. Am i eligible for TCS campus recruitment? I have cleared in 2nd semester
  11. Am I eligible for TCS campus recruitment? I am a 7th semester student
  12. Whether 10th percentage is considerable for Accenture On-Campus Interview? Am I eligible to attend this Interview if secured 54% in 10th, 88% in 12th and 6.92 CGPA till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  13. Eligibility criteria for Microsoft Off-Campus interview?
  14. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  15. Am I eligible to attend IBM On-Campus Interview if secured 85% in 10th, 77% in 12th and 62% till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  16. Will there be a problem in campus placement if I had backlog during my 1st year of B.E studies?
  17. Am I eligible to attend Infosys On-Campus Interview if secured 60% in 12th and 59.6% in 10th?
  18. Should I attend Infosys Off-Campus Interview if selected in CTS through On-Campus Drive?
3rd February 2012, 06:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 1st semester more important for campus interview? Am I eligible to attend the campus interview after scoring 60% and above in 1st semester?

There is absolutely no doubt that there all semesters of engineering are equally important. Most of the companies would consider only students who have completed minimum 3 years of their engineering degree for campus placement. So it is quite unlikely that you would be able to attend campus interviews during your first semester. All the companies would look for consistent performance and all the companies would set different cut offs. So if you are consistent performer and also having the required percentile, then you will be able to attend the interviews.
5th January 2013, 08:31 PM
denwer1

Default Re: Is 1st semester more important for campus interview? Am I eligible to attend the campus interview after scoring 60% and above in 1st semester?

Dear friend...
It is not a matter to worry if you don't score well in your 1st semester. Generally the companies now a days set the percentage bar for the entire b.tech course...for eg. 60% or 65% in b.tech. But you must try your best to perform well in the remaining semester as good percentage in graduation will definitely help you in the long run.
6th January 2013, 01:00 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

No, first semester is not the only semester which matters. If you want to sit in placement interview, you should be having a good aggregate score because that is the only thing that matters. While performing good in all your semesters, you can create a good aggregate percentage of marks, and that will help you in the placements held in your final year
Gud luck
14th January 2015, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi.. I am a first year B.E student
. and I have a baklog in engineering physics subject.. Will this effect my placement..?? Do advise..
3rd April 2016, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 backlogs in my 1st sem if i clear them nd get good percentage overall btech am i able to placement in reputed companies?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?