15th March 2015, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in IBPS recruitment being a 18 years old B.Com 1st year student?

Sir,
I am studying in B.Com 1st year.
My age is 18 years right now.
I want to apply for IBPS recruitment exam.
Kindly tell me I am eligible ornot?

16th March 2015, 02:52 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in IBPS recruitment being a 18 years old B.Com 1st year student?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS Examination. Only Pass out candidates are eligible to apply for IBPS Examination. So, first finish your degree course after completing degree course. You are definitely eligible to apply for IBPS Examination. Let's see the eligibility criteria for IBPS Examination.

IBPS Probationary Officer :-

-> Applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
-> Applicant must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.
-> Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.

IBPS Clerical Officer :-

-> Applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
-> Applicant must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 28 years.
-> Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
-> Applicant should be certificated in computer qualification or possess a subject in computer science or holding degree course on that.
16th March 2015, 03:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in IBPS recruitment being a 18 years old B.Com 1st year student?

Absolutely NO, you are not at all Eligible to apply for IBPS Recruitments being a 18 years old candidate. Yes, the minimum age required to be eligible for IBPS Bank Recruitments is "20 years".

Why are you not eligible now ?

>> Right now, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS Recruitments. The reasons are given below,

* Minimum age required to be eligible for IBPS Recruitments is "20" years, whereas you are of 18 years old candidates and hence you are not eligible.

* Minimum Education qualification required is "Graduation", since you are still pursuing B.Com (1st year) you did not meet the required eligibility criteria.

So I suggest you to start preparation for Bank Exams from now onwards to get command over Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English, Computer Awareness and General Awareness Sections. You can apply for IBPS Recruitments, when you will be in B.Com 3rd year.
16th March 2015, 08:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am studying in B.Com 1st year.
My age is 18 years right now.
I want to apply for IBPS recruitment exam.
Kindly tell me I am eligible ornot?
No, you are not eligible for IBPS recruitment.

IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections. IBPS examination is conducted for the recruitment in the different public sectors banks. To appear in IBPS you need following criteria :

Eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk exam :-

1) Graduation degree from a recognize University.
2) Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years for the clerk post.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS PO exam:-

1) Graduation degree from a recognized university.
2)Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

For any more information regarding the eligibility criteria and the other information please visit the official website of the IBPS http://www.ibps.in
17th March 2015, 09:05 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility conditions required to apply for IBPS CWE clerk and PO examination are following :

IBPS CWE clerk V round 2015-16 :

A degree in any stream which must be acquired from a reputed/recognized university established by law in India.

Age of the applicant should not be less than 20 years and more than 28 years.

Upper age is relaxable upto 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC category candidates.

IBPS CWE Probationary Officer V round 2015-16 :

Candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age of the candidate should be between 20 - 30 years and upper age relaxation is same as mentioned above.

You are pursuing first year of your bachelor's degree which is why you are not eligible to apply for any of IBPS examination.

You are requested to complete your bachelor's degree course (B.Com) first and with that you will complete 20 years of age therefore you will be eligible to apply for IBPS exams.

If you are interested in other government jobs then you are eligible to apply for SSC LDC and DEO examination 2015. SSC MTS - Multi Tasking Staff Examination.

KVS - LDC - Lower Division Clerks examination.

Government departments and universities requires Assistant Grade III and LDCs every single year so you are eligible to apply on the basis of 12th class with computer typing knowledge so you must apply for these exams.

If you have time of two hours everyday then you must start giving time for competitive exams study because competition is going to be very stiff in near future so you are requested to prepare now for upcoming exams and jobs so you will prepare yourself and will be ahead to other participants of your age and time and you can secure a good job with them.
31st March 2015, 12:38 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear, you don't have the eligibility to apply for IBPS with your qualification. If you want to get a job in banking sector then complete the graduation first in any stream from the recognized university.From this year onwards the examination pattern has also been changed.

So you need to prepare well for the examination and including with the educational qualification you need to satisfy the Age criteria according to the type of Post whether it might be Clerk or PO.

For Clerk the age should be in between 21 to 28 years and for PO's you must have the age in between 21 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?