7th November 2014, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

B.Sc graduate girl is eligible for Flying Officer post in Indian Air Force?

sir, my name is Miss. Kalyani Charpe and I am studying in B.Sc 2nd year. My subjects are Physics, Mathematics and Electronics. I want to join Indian Airforce in flying branch after completion of my graduation. So I wanted to know whether I am eligible for the post of flying officer or not?

8th November 2014, 12:03 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc graduate girl is eligible for Flying Officer post in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, my name is Miss. Kalyani Charpe and I am studying in B.Sc 2nd year. My subjects are Physics, Mathematics and Electronics. I want to join Indian Airforce in flying branch after completion of my graduation. So I wanted to know whether I am eligible for the post of flying officer or not?

Indian Air Force is one of the Defence forces of India and there are entrance exam which are conducted in India for candidates to join in Indian Air Force, and the one which you can consider being a girl and after completing B.sc is by writing the AFCAT Exam

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test

This exam offers female candidates to join in Indian Air Force and there are certain eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy in order to apply. There are 3 branches in AFCAT such as:

#Flying Branch
#Technical Branch
#Ground Duty

Out of these 3 you can apply for Ground Duty and Flying branch as you are satisfying the education qualification needed for the post.

For Ground Duty:

>> First of all you should have a Citizenship in India.

>> The age limit needed for the exam is 20-23 years

>> Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university with at least 60% aggregate.

For Flying Branch:

>> Candidate should have a Citizenship in India

>> Age limit needed is 19-23 years

>> Education qualification needed is that the candidate should have completed a Degree in any discipline with at least 60% aggregate.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the AFCAT Exam. And by the way as you have asked for the information that whether you are eligible for joining in Flying branch, yeah you are eligible as per the education qualification needed.

Regards
~Jxsab~
15th August 2017, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: B.Sc graduate girl is eligible for Flying Officer post in Indian Air Force?

Sir my name is priya i am studying BA. I wish to join Indian air force in flying branch after my graduation. I took science stream in my 12th standard. Am I eligible for the post?
23rd August 2017, 03:59 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir my name is priya i am studying BA. I wish to join Indian air force in flying branch after my graduation. I took science stream in my 12th standard. Am I eligible for the post?
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Flying branch in Indian Air Force. After your graduation degree you need to take the AFCAT examination. You can also apply for AFCAT while pursuing the final year of graduation.

AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. This test is conducted by the IAF for recruitment of candidates in different branches like

Flying branch(Short Service Commission);
Technical (Short and Permanent Service Commission);
Ground Duty(Short and Permanent Service Commission).

Since you want to join Flying branch you need to fulfill the following conditions

Age of the candidates should be 20 to 24 years as on 1st July of the applying year.
The candidates who have a valid and current Commercial Pilot License by DGCA the upper age limit is relaxed up to 26 years.

The candidates should be Indian citizen.

The candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university(10+2+3) with a minimum of 60% marks in graduation level.
The candidates with a B.Tech/B.E degree from a recognized university(10+2+4) with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate is also eligible.

The candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) in 10+2 level as compulsory subjects.

The candidates should be physically fit and need to have a good vision of 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another eye.
2nd March 2019, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in microbiology..can I eligible for indian air force? And which post?
16th February 2020, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am going to appear in 12 board. I want to join indian air force, as a girl what should I do after 12
7th October 2020, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Can girls apply for flying branch offier through afcat by b.sc
16th December 2021, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Can girls join iaf threw cds exam to become flying officer or fightter pilot?
2nd January 2022, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I want to keep all the 3 choices that is flying, techincal and non technical branch open. Which will be better, Engg or Bsc. ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?