6th November 2011, 07:11 PM
sohanchopra

After B.Tech 3rd year how to join CDS, IAF?

i m doing b.tech third year .i am intersted to join like cds, IAF.

7th November 2011, 08:24 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After B.Tech 3rd year how to join CDS, IAF?

For that you need to apply for CDS i.e Combined Defense Service Exam , need Girls/Guy with any Degree from recognized university.

For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.and for Indian Naval Academy you
need to have a Degree in Engineering.similarly for Air Force Academy you need a Degree of Recognized University
(with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

you have to be 19 half to 23 half years of age and must have passed graduation.
Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg.

The three branches of the Air force are
  • Flying,
  • Ground duty
  • and Technical branch.

The officer cadre provides opportunities for men with 10+2 / Intermediate (only in the Flying branch),graduates (all three branches), engineers (all three branches) and postgraduates (all branches except the Flying branch) in the various positions. Women with graduate (all three branches), engineering (all three branches) and post graduate degrees (all branches except the Flying branch) have openings as an Officer in the Air force.
7th November 2011, 08:57 AM
tejesh_09

To join Indian Air Force first you have to complete your B.Tech course and degree holder in engineering and to face and crack CDS(COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE) EXAM CONDUCTED BY UPSC every year.

If you have completed your B.Sc/BE/BTech with a minimum of 60% marks and have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level, you can apply for Flying (Pilot) through Short Service Commission.
The age limit for the same is 19-23 years.
7th November 2011, 10:43 AM
iatul89

Hi,

after the completion of b.tech you will be eligible for appearing for two types of entries fro NDA ...they are :-

UES entry--university entry scheme ......in this entry you will be screened in your college itself for the selection for SSB interview to join defense forces in technical field......the screening will be conducted by the defense authorities.....

another entry is called CDS--combined defense services exam......
here you will have to appear for an exam conducted by UPSC .....
after clearing the exams you will be called for SSB interview.....'

for more details visit the official website of all defense forces......

best of luck

with
best regards.
7th November 2011, 10:52 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanchopra View Post
i m doing b.tech third year .i am intersted to join like cds, IAF.
Pre-final year students are not eligible to apply for this examination.

C.D.S.E examination,you have to completed degree from a recognized University.

Course in C.D.S.E :- I.M.A,Naval Academy,Air force and O.T.A.

For O.T.A and I.M.A :- You have to finished your degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification and age should between 19 years to 25 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

Note :- Final year of degree course can also eligible.But pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.

For Naval and Air force :- You have to finished your B.Sc physics & Mathematics or engineering from a recognized university or equivalent qualification and age should between 19 years to 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

Note :- Final year of degree course can also eligible.But pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.

IAF :- Indian Air force

To apply for this examination,you have to finished B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.Your age should between 19 years and 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

The examination consist of various branches :-
  • Flying
  • Ground duty
  • Technical Branch
4th January 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,m still nt clear frm d above datas dat wt z the criteria to join indian army during btech,3rd year..my name is sakshi n m pursuing btech,cs branch...
1st January 2013, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

After B.Tech 3rd year how to join CDS, IAF?

sir,m still not clear from the above data that was the criteria to join Indian army during B.tech,3rd year..my name is priya and i am pursuing B.tech,I.T branch.

Please reply on my email id- [email protected]
15th March 2017, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my name harsh m still not clear from the above that was to join the Indian army and m pursuing B.tech, 3 rd year,branch (mechanical)

Please reply on myy email ID
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?