4th January 2014, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Opportunities in Air Force or Navy for post graduate in IT?

Prachi BK.

In this sept i will be 25 years old.

I am BSc IT graduate and also post graduate in IT only.(MSc IT)

So am i eligible for any post in army or do i have any opportunities in air force,navy?

Plz, plz send me detail(how,when d forms will be available) If i am.

Thanks & Regards!

7th January 2014, 12:58 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Opportunities in Air Force or Navy for post graduate in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Prachi BK.

In this sept i will be 25 years old.

I am BSc IT graduate and also post graduate in IT only.(MSc IT)

So am i eligible for any post in army or do i have any opportunities in air force,navy?

Plz, plz send me detail(how,when d forms will be available) If i am.

Thanks & Regards!

Hey friend,

It is good to see your interest in joining in Indian Air Force or Navy as they both are defence forces and it is good to see that you are showing interest in serving the country.

There are certain entrance exam which are needed to be satisfied in order to join in the Air Force and as for that you need to be eligible and the criteria's would include such as:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education Qualification

The exam which you can apply for is the AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) and this exam is conducted for candidate to join in different branches in Air Force and they may include such as:

>> Ground Duty Branch
>> Flying Branch
>> Technical Branch

There are criteria's for seperate one's and to be descriptive about these criteria's it is that:

# The candidate appearing for the exam must have a nationality in India.

# The candidate should have a age limit of 19-23 for Flying Branch and as you are 25 years you cannot apply for this.

# The candidate should have a age limit of 18-28 years for Technical Branch.

# For the Ground Duty branch it is that the candidate must have For Graduates: 20-23 years. For Postgraduates:20-25 years, LL.B: 20-26 years, M.ed/Ph.D/CA/ICWA: 20-27 years.

# The candidate should have a Education qualification of bachelor's degree in B.E/ B.Tech in any discipline with 60% of marks in aggregate for Flying Branch.

# For Technical Branch it is that the candidate must have a 4 year Bachelor's degree (B.E/B.Tech) from a recognized university.

# For Ground Duty branch the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with 60% aggregate.

If you satisfy the crirteria's for the respected branch,you can apply for it.

ALL THE BEST
7th January 2014, 08:55 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Opportunities in Air Force or Navy for post graduate in IT?

As per you are qualification, you are eligible to apply for Air Force and Navy Examination. You can join Indian Air force through AFCAT Examination and Navy through SSC(IT).

AFCAT i.e Air Force Common Admission Test and the examination is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year for recruitment of Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

Age wise you are ineligible to apply for Flying Branch and Technical Branch. But you can apply for Ground Duty Branch.

Flying Branch :: Degree in any discipline with 60% Marks from a recognized University OR B.E/B.Tech from a recognized University. Age should between 19 years to 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limit is applicable only CPL candidates upto 25 years.

Technical Branch :- Aeronautical Engineering in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering with 60% Marks in aggregate from a recognized University. Age should between 18 years to 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

Ground Duty Branch :- Degree or Post Graduate from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Candidate age should between 20 years t0 28 years. The Age varies from based on the Branches.

AFCAT Last Date for receipt of application will be closed on 08 January 2014.

SSC(IT) i.e Short Service Commission(Information Technology) and this examination is conducted by Indian Navy.

Eligibility :- The candidate should have a completed B.E/B.Tech with 65% from a recognized University or M.Sc with 65% or MCA with 65% Marks from a recognized University.

The exam notification will be publish in the month of December or November in the official website of Indian Navy as well as employment news paper.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?