7th September 2015, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear in Bank Clerk exam despite of being below 18 years age?

8th September 2015, 12:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i appear in Bank Clerk exam despite of being below 18 years age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Bank clerk exam.

Eligibility criteria for clerical post :-

1.Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for clerical post in private bank.

2.Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen) as per government norms.
8th September 2015, 01:12 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i appear in Bank Clerk exam despite of being below 18 years age?

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for the bank clerk examination at the age of 18 years. The examination for the recruitment in the bank as a Clerk is conducted by the IBPS and the SBI every year.

The candidates who qualifies in all the stages of the examination are only eligible for the final selection for the jobs. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from a recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 20-28 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidates.

So you have to wait for few years to appear in the examination. But you can go with the preparation in these years for the examination. The examination are conducted in the written as well as interview stages. Candidates after qualifying in the written are eligible for the interview. The application form are released in the month of August and September.

For more information visit at the www.ibps.in.
8th September 2015, 09:39 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear it is not possible with your age since if you want to apply for bank exam you need to have minimum 20 years of age. No other candidate which has age below 20 years is eligible to apply for Bank Exams.

And In bank Exams, you will have a specific eligibility criteria so you need to fulfill that criteria to apply for Bank Exams. Here I am giving you the Basic Eligibility Criteria for Clerks.

<> You should have completed at least graduation with minimum percentage of marks and there is No restriction on percentage.

<> Age must be in these limits.

-- Minimum Age : 20 years

-- Maximum Age : 28 years for clerks and 30 years for Clerks.
8th September 2015, 10:22 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry that you are not eligible for Bank Clerk exam. The candidate must reached 18 years to be eligible for Bank clerk examination.

IBPS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

- The applicant must complete Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.

- The applicant age should be not less than 18 years and not more than 28 years and upper age relaxation will be given to SC/ST and OBC category students.

Official website - www.ibps.in
8th September 2015, 11:10 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, As per the required eligibility to appear for the bank clerk examination conducted by the IBPS every year. The minimum age limt is 20 years. So you are not eligible to appear for the examination.

The examination for the recruitment is conducted in the month of November and the application form are available in the month of September. The candidates have passed the graduation from any discipline with the passing aggregate. So for more information visit at the www.ibps.in.
8th September 2015, 02:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IBPS that stands for the Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection conducts the Common Written exam for post of clerk and probationary officers post for different nationalized banks in India.

Minimum qualification required is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. The minimum age limit to apply for the IBPS clerk exam is 20 years for candidates of any category. Upper age limit for candidates of general category is 28 year and reserved category has relaxations.

Even for the SBI Clerk exam, the minimum age is 18 years. So, you can not apply for any clerical exam at age below 18 years.
8th September 2015, 04:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to inform you that being less than 18 years old you are not eligible for appearing in the bank clerk examination as the minimum age required for the same is 20 years.

For becoming a bank clerk of nationalized banks of India you need to clear the IBPS bank clerk examination or SBI bank clerk examination.

For appearing in above bank clerk examination you need to have the qualifications also which are given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your minimum age must be above 20 years where as maximum age must not exceed 28 years if you belong to general category. Otherwise there is provision of age relaxation of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation course are also eligible.

* You must have the knowledge to work on the computer as the banking work are computer based as the world in becoming digital.

Also the examination is conducted in three stages which are called as Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

For details regarding the IBPS examination you can log on to the link www.ibps.in where as for SBI examination you can visit the link www.sbiexam.in.
8th September 2015, 05:15 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to apply for Bank clerk job post only after attaining a minimum of 20 years of age .

Eligibility criteria to apply for bank clerk are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% marks in aggregate for general category and 55% marks for SC/ST/PWD category .

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 years to 28 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure involves of

* Written Test , and

* Interview .

Written Exam syllabus :

General Knowledge about Banking Sector

General English

Computer Knowledge

Reasoning

Aptitude .
8th September 2015, 06:55 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Mainly there two entrance exams for the clerical post in different banks of India.

1. IBPS which means Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection conducts common written examination for the post of clerk.

The minimum age limit to appear for the CWE is 20 years.

2. For State bank clerk exam, the minimum age limit is 18 years.

Hence there is no possibility for you to appear for any entrance exam at the age below 18 years. You must attain the age of 18 years and should have done bachelor's degree to be eligible for clerk exam of banks.
8th September 2015, 07:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, with the 18 years of age you are not eligible to appear for any bank clerk entrance examination. As to get the job in the bank as of Clerk the candidates have to qualify in the entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for the entrance examination is
* Candidates age must have the graduation degree from a recognised university with the qualifying aggregate in any discipline.
* Candidates age must be above 20 years but there are relaxation of +3 and +5 years for the OBC and SC/ST candidate in the upper age limit.

So you cannot appear in the entrance and so not eligible to get the job of Clerk. So you have to wait for these years or you can prepare for the other competitive examination for the recruitment in the jobs.
8th September 2015, 09:29 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
There are many banks which offers candidates to apply Bank Clerk exam which is a part of bank exams for candidates to join in the post of Clerk. There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed is 18-28 years for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university and should have at least 55% aggregate.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the clerk exam. The selection procedure for the exam is:
  1. Written Test
  2. Interview
10th September 2015, 06:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for Clerk Posts;

> Minimum age requirement for this exam is 20 years

> Maximum age is allowed till 28 years

> Age relaxation is provided to SC/ST of 5 years, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for disabled candidates

> Candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized University

> Should have a Computer course degree in Diploma or any computer operation from any Institutes or should have studied Computer Science/IT as a subject in HS
10th September 2015, 06:42 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that you are not at all eligible for Clerical post as you have not attained the minimum age of 20 years, which is the minimum requirement to apply for the post.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the same, kindly have a look at it.

Clerk Posts;

. Minimum age requirement for this exam is 20 years

. Maximum age is allowed till 28 years

. Age relaxation is provided to SC/ST of 5 years, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for disabled candidates

. Candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized University

. Should have a Computer course degree in Diploma or any computer operation from any Institutes or should have studied Computer Science/IT as a subject in HS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?