22nd October 2016, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for banking, railways, IBPS, SSC exam on the basis of bachelor in hotel management and catering from a private college?

Sir I have completed Bachelor in hotel management and catering from private college and I have degree in this from West Bengal University. Can I apply for banking, railways, IBPS, SSC exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get employment in railways? I have completed Hotel Management Catering and Tourism with 5 years of experience
  2. Having Maths in 12th will create any problem to become Chef?
  3. How much percentage in 12th is required to apply for hotel management course? -- [New]
  4. How to join catering jobs in IRCTC after B.Sc in catering science and hotel Management?
  5. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  6. Having done Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology am I eligible for BHMCT?
  7. Recommended course to become a Chef after PUC?
  8. Eligibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology for 11th Arts student?
  9. Can I get job in Government sector if completed Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology and having 2 years of experience in Hotel Industry?
  10. How much marks is required for admission in BHM course? Which colleges are best for it?
  11. Career in Hotel management & catering after 12th commerce without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. In which IHMS can I get after scoring 4495 rank in NCHM JEE?
  13. List of colleges offering culinary arts courses in Hyderabad?
  14. Job in Government sector for Bachelor in Hotel Management & Catering Technology fresher?
  15. List of colleges available in Pune to study Hotel Management course through IIHM entrance exam?
  16. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  17. Duration of Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering course? Names of institutes for this course?
  18. How to do MBA in Marketing after doing BMS? What is the fees?
23rd October 2016, 06:53 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for banking, railways, IBPS, SSC exam on the basis of bachelor in hotel management and catering from a private college?

Yes, you can apply for any of the above mentioned exam on the basis of bachelor in hotel management and catering from a private college on the condition the college must be recognized by the government of India.

For most of the Government jobs, the minimum required eligibility is a graduation degree with minimum passing marks from the recognized University/Institution. So, one who wishes to write various entrance examinations like UPSC/IBPS/SBI/SSC-CGL/SSC must possess graduation degree.
23rd October 2016, 08:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for banking, railways, IBPS, SSC exam on the basis of bachelor in hotel management and catering from a private college?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Banking, IBPS, SSC and Railway recruitment's after completion of Bachelor's in Hotel Management. The basic educational qualification required eligible for appearing in examination is as follows.

>> For IBPS (Banking Recruitment's) - Graduation is required

>> For Railway Recruitment's - 12th Class (for some recruitment's) and Graduation (for some recruitment's)

>> For SSC, Banking - Graduation is required

As Bachelor's in Hotel Management is a Graduate degree, I am sure you are certainly eligible to attend or apply all the above mentioned recruitment's. There is no certain minimum percentage criteria required and Graduation pass is required.
23rd October 2016, 09:56 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Being a bachelor degree in hotel management you are definitely eligible for SSC CGL examination, IBPS bank clerk or IBPS bank PO examination, other bank entrance examination like SBI bank examination, or non technical jobs in Indian Railways on the educational requirement ground because for all these entrance examination there is no compulsion of any particular stream in the academics.

But apart from the educational requirement you must satisfy the nationality, age criteria, and other criteria too for your confirmed eligibility which you check on the official website of respective examination.
24th October 2016, 02:10 PM
princekainth2

Yes, you are Eligible to apply for Railway,SSC or IBPS.

As you said you have done the degree in Hotel Managment and Catering Services,so you will have to give the certain exams to get yourself into Government jobs.
Exams like:
*SSC, Banking
*IBPS (Banking Recruitments)
*Railways Recruitment

These just require Graduation with marks above minimum

You can apply for Catering jobs in Railways which can be even more helpful as you have Degree in specific subject

Just make sure your University is approved by government of India
24th October 2016, 08:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I have completed Bachelor in hotel management and catering from private college and I have degree in this from West Bengal University. Can I apply for banking, railways, IBPS, SSC exam?
You have completed Bachelor in hotel management and catering from private college so you are eligible for Indian Railway, IBPS exam and SSC exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for Indian Railway, IBPS exam and SSC exam.

Indian Railway Exam- Group D post.

IBPS Exam- Clerical and PO post.

SSC Exam- CGL, Higher Secondary Level, Stenographer
11th February 2021, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

after bachlore of hotel manageme and catering can i eligible for ibps po or sbi po
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?