28th January 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Government exam being 33 years old Accountant?

Dear Sir/Madam

I am 33 Year Old B.A.Pass.This time work with a private sector as accountant
So I can Apply the any State /Central Government? I am 33 Year Old can I apply the state /central government job

4th February 2014, 05:53 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for Government exam being 33 years old Accountant?

It would be better if you would have mentioned the Category to which you belong to.So that we can come to an estimation about the age criteria and its relaxations.Government either State or Central Governments recruits member,and under norms of which there will be an age relaxation applicable to the aspirants.

If you belong to the General or Open Category,I am sorry,you are not eligible to appear for the either state or central government jobs.But if you belong to the categories such as OBC,SC,ST,and more than you would get 3 years,5 years age relaxation respectively.Considering in the defence sectors there will be 10 years of age relaxation for handicapped persons for appointment.

In government jobs,the age relaxations are given as follows-For SC and ST candidates there will be 5 years,for Other Backward classes of 3 years,for persons with disabilities relaxation of 10 years,with the same for SC/ST is of 15 years and 13 years for OBC with disabilities.For the central government employee,there would be a period of previous service under the Indian government and added with three more years.

For ex-servicemen there would be Period and plus of 3 years.So if you have given your category,then it would be easy for us to estimate the age relaxation which you get.For General candidates there is no age relaxation.So if you belong to OC or General category,you will not be eligible to apply for the exams.Other than this such as OBC/SC/ST then you may some age relaxation.

You may apply for the jobs like ICMR,Indian Army,IIT Bombay,Reserve Bank of India,Water Resources Department,Kerala Gramin Bank,IOCL,HECL,Staff selection commission,BARC,and Union Public Service Commission and more.Since for all the above jobs to be eligible,only basic Graduation is needed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?