5th January 2014, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

How the percentage of marks in engineering is calculated by government companies?

hi...iam Ram Prasad ...completed BE in civil engineering .....I want know about ......how the central /state government company taking percentage of marks in BE in civil engineering......weather they taking 1st to 8th semester ......or ......5th to 8th semester..........please let me know .....as early as possible......I having doubt...so....please....

Related Questions:
  1. How does WIPRO calculate the aggregate percentage of 12th for the WASE program? I am selected for WASE program. My percentage in 12th is 50.6 which is calculated in best of 5 subjects
  2. How to appear in Improvement exam? When are the forms available? How is the final percentage calculated?
  3. Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO entrance exam?
  5. In which government companies can I apply after scoring 64.3% in B.Tech Electronics and Communication?
  6. Why most of the IT Companies do require 10th & 12th class percentage? List of the IT companies which allow me? I have 55.75% marks in 12th
  7. When does the B.E lateral entry admission start? How the diploma Civil's cutoff marks are calculated?
  8. Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE -- [Most Discussed]
  9. List of companies that dont have a percentage criteria?
  10. How is the cutoff marks calculated for NET entrance exam?
  11. List of the companies that dont have the percentage criteria for their campus recruitment?
  12. Can I get job in Private companies and Government Companies having secured 58% in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. At the time of placement upto which semester the aggregate percentage of B.Tech is calculated?
  14. Will I get a seat in Engineering if I missed the required percentage by few marks?
  15. List of IT sector companies where I can apply for a job? I have 74% marks in 10th and 73% marks in 12th. I have 57% marks in my B.Tech and 70% in M.Tech with CSE stream
  16. For which Companies I can apply for Job Placements being a candidate having scored 79% in 10th, 43% in 12th and 60% in BE course?
  17. Future scope for the candidates after qualifying in GATE Exam?
  18. IT jobs with 58 % in Engineering
5th February 2014, 02:45 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: How the percentage of marks in engineering is calculated by government companies?

Hello Friend !!

Civil Engineering :

A Civil Engineer is responsible for planning, design, construction and/or maintenance of structures.

The one who completed his B.Tech in Civil Engineering has many and many Job Opportunities in India as well as in Abroad.

India is developing its infrastructure and has already started many new projects, this requires many Civil Engineers from all over the country.

To get into the Govt. Company you should have enough knowledge on the following topics :

(i) Building materials

(ii) Building construction

(iii) Structural engineering

(iv) Geotechnical engineering

(v) Hydraulics, water resources and irrigation engineering

(vi) Water supply and sanitary engineering

(vii) Environmental engineering

(viii) Transportation engineering

(ix) Town planning and architecture

(x) Surveying

(xi) Drawing

(xii) Estimation and specification

(xiii) Management techniques

(xiv) Computer application.

Job Prospects :

You can easily find job in Government departments, private and public sector industries, research and teaching institutions etc.

With the Civil Engineering degree you can be a surveyor, a technical report writer or even a project manager.

You can find employment in all the major construction projects carried out by the state or central government. Some of them are,

The Railways,
Private Construction Companies,
Military,
Engineering Services,
Consultancy Services, etc. are hiring civil engineers.

You can find jobs in road projects, building work, consultancy firms, quality testing laboratories or housing societies.

Also, some of the Top Companies recruiting Civil Engineers, they are :

Ajay Kadam Association

Antant Access

Associated Engineering

Balaji Railroad Systems Ltd.

Dr. Kelkar Consultants Pvt. Ltd.

Expert Technology – Chennai

Gammon India Ltd.

Hiranandani Construction Pvt.Ltd.

IVRCL Infrastructure & Projects Ltd.

Jaypee Group

Larsen and Tubro

Macro Marvel Infrastructure Corporation Ltd.

Nircon Engineering Consultants.

Potential Consultants.

RDS Projects Ltd.

Simplex Projects Ltd.

Subhash projects and Marketing Ltd.

Vadakar and Associates.

Eligibility Criteria:

To get into any of the Gov. Sector you need to have a minimum of 70% as aggregate in your B.Tech.

You should have a Live Project experience.

All your semesters aggregate is considered there is no specific count.

All the Best !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?