13th June 2021, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IFS(Indian Foreign Service) exam? In which year from now?

I am in 3rd year B.A. with Sociology in this year 2021. Can I apply for IFS(Indian Foreign Service) exam. How and in which year from now?

15th June 2021, 04:03 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IFS(Indian Foreign Service) exam? In which year from now?

Yes, You can apply for IFS(Indian Foreign Service) exam.

Those who have completed BA with history, political science, sociology and international relations are totally eligible to appear in Indian Foreign Services examination.

Yes, Final year students are eligible for this examination.

You can visit official website of UPSC and apply for this examination from this year only.
15th June 2021, 05:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IFS(Indian Foreign Service) exam? In which year from now?

The first thing I would like to let you know that to be an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, being a student of final year i.e; 3rd year of B.A. in Sociology degree course, you were eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination 2021 as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned but the application for the same examination is over.

For complete information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2021, 05:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Foreign Service but not eligible for Forest Service examination.

Examination is conducted in three stages. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

Candidates passed bachelor degree or in final year of bachelor degree are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2021, 07:57 PM
Msdhoni02

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August of the respective year of Preliminary Exam up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe. Candidate should have completed graduation from any university to be eligible.
15th June 2021, 08:49 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

IFSC stands for Indian forest services and these examinations conducted by UPSC every year.

To apply for this examination you must hold a bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely animal husbandry and veterinary science, botany, chemistry, zoology mathematics, physics, statistics and zoology for a bachelor's degree in agriculture, forestry or in engineering of a recognised university or equivalent.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of thirty years to apply for this examination.
16th June 2021, 11:02 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The candidates who are applying for IFS (Indian Foreign Service) examination will have to submit proof of passing the graduation examination with their application for the main examination failing will not be admitted to the Indian Foreign Service Main Examination. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have a bachelor's degree from any of the recognized universities. The candidate minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years.

The UPSC conducts the Indian Foreign Service examination each year and it has 3 levels that are preliminary, second mains examination, and lastly a personality test. There are a maximum number of attempts is 7. I am also giving you the UPSC website link for your reference that is www.upsconline.nic.in
17th June 2021, 10:16 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Indian Forest Service examination after completing Graduation. However, you must have attained the age of 21 years as of the year of application.

As per the syllabus of entrance examination candidates who have completed graduation in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Zoology as one of the subjects in Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for the Indian Forest Service (IFS) Officer examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?