14th November 2016, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Army after completing B.Sc Agriculture?

Respected Sir, I have completed b.Sc Agriculture and now I want to join the Indian Army so I want to know can I apply for Indian Army after completing B.Sc Agriculture by the same entrance exam as other graduates? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 05:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Army after completing B.Sc Agriculture?

You can apply for Combined Defence Services conducted by Union Public Service Commission for joining Indian Army after Bachelor of Science in Agriculture. In order to get admission in Indian Military Academy, bachelor' degree in any stream is required. Agriculture graduates are eligible for IMA.

The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years. In this examination, both unmarried male and female candidates are eligible to apply. CDS has two stages written test and Service Selection Board. Those who clear both written test and Service Selection Board are eligible to join Indian Military Academy.
15th November 2016, 06:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army through Combined Defence Services after Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam:

1. Graduation from a recognized university for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training academy. To be eligible for Navy and Air force, bachelor's degree in engineering or science with physics or mathematics is necessary.

2. IMA: 19-24 years and OTA -19-25 years.

You are eligible for IMA and OTA only.

Stages of CDS exam:

Written test.

Service Selection Board.
15th November 2016, 07:28 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army after completing B.Sc Agriculture.

** Candidate must be graduate from a recognized university.

** Minimum age of candidate must be 19 years

** The age of candidate not be greater than 24 years.
15th November 2016, 07:51 PM
pruthvi12dba

Yes you can apply for Indian Army after completion of your graduation also.But go through the guidelines to be follows and needed.

* For Soldier general duty age limit 17 - 21 years.
* Height- 169 cms
* Weight- 50 kg
* Chest- 77 to 82 cms

You need to clear all the tests :

* Physical Measurement
* Physical Ability Test
* Medical Examination
* Written Test

Here i shared a link you can check the notifications from Indian Army

http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
15th November 2016, 08:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

--Yes, candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for CDS examination for recruitment in Indian Army.

The eligibility to appear for examination for the Indian Army recruitment is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 19-24 years.

So, you can appear for examination after bachelor degree in agriculture. The examination is conducted twice every year. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 09:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army after completion of your B.Sc. Agriculture course. To be eligible to join Indian Army after completion of your B.Sc. Agriculture course, you should have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination to join Indian Army is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You should be at least 19-24 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
15th November 2016, 09:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your B.Sc Agriculture degree and looking to join Indian Army you have the following options in Indian Army.

* First option is the option of becoming commissioned officer in Indian Army through CDS entrance examination. For the same your age need to be lying within 19 years to 24 years.

* Second option is the option of becoming soldier clerk or tradesmen by qualifying their respective Rallies followed by common entrance examination. For the same your age need to be lying within 17.5 years to 23 years.

For more details and updates regarding these entries you can visit the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
15th November 2016, 10:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for Combined Defence Services examination for joining Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy. B.Sc Agriculture candidates can also apply for Combined Defence Services examination.

Age limit for IMA is 19-24 years.

For OTA is 19-25 years.

You need to clear written test as well Service Selection board to join Indian Military academy or Officer's Training academy.
15th November 2016, 11:25 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a possibility of joining Indian Army after completion of B.Sc in Agriculture. You can join Indian Army by Combined Defence Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). There are many cadres available in Combined Defence Services and they are, Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy. You can join Indian Army through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Exam for which the minimum qualification required is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university/ institute.
15th November 2016, 11:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and examination is conducted twice in a year. The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The required qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree.

For recruitment in Indian Army it is necessary to have degree in any discipline and age limit is 19-24 years.

So, you can appear for examination if you have the following age criteria. The examination is conducted in two stages as

Written

SSB - Service Selection Board.

So, you have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection in job.
15th November 2016, 11:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Indian Army after completion of Bachelor's of Science in Agriculture. B.Sc in agriculture is a graduation leevel course. After compeltion of graduation degree, you can apply for Indian army through CDS exam. CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year. So you can apply as per your comfortability. Along with educational qualification, you have to fulfill the some other eligibility criteria also. You must be an Indian citizen, you must not born later than 01st January 1999.
15th November 2016, 11:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed b.Sc Agriculture and now I want to join the Indian Army so I want to know can I apply for Indian Army after completing B.Sc Agriculture by the same entrance exam as other graduates? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you can apply for Indian Army through CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 Years
23rd August 2017, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I am Ph.D. Agriculture (Age- 32yrs). I really wish to work for Indian forces.
Is there any entry level for Agri. Ph.D. holders to work for Indian Army, Navy or Air force?
Research/teaching or any other field?
Plz explain..
19th November 2019, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am b.sc agri graduate bt i wear power glasses .Is there any jobs available for me ?
18th February 2020, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

I PASSED IN DIPLOMA OF AGRICULRTURE SO , HOW CAN I JOIN TO INDIAN ARMY .. PLZ SAY ME A WHAT A PROSSES TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY
18th August 2020, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Agriculture se Army officer keshe bne
20th August 2021, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

I completed my agriculture engineering graduation .I have A,B,C certificate in NCC.10 3 3 is eligible .give me suggestions for this .pls as soon as possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?