29th December 2016, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SSC Junior Engineer exam with B.E in civil degree?

I am having a qualification of B.E in civil but I don’t have diploma in civil. Is I am eligible to write SSC Junior Engineer exam?I am having a lot of confusions because many of them saying that I must have diploma in civil.

29th December 2016, 01:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SSC Junior Engineer exam with B.E in civil degree?

The academic qualification required for Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer entrance exam is that candidate must have done diploma in civil engineering or bachelor's degree in civil engineering from any recognized institute. Final year engineering or diploma candidates can also apply for examination.

You have done bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and hence eligible to apply for SSC JE examination without any doubt. You will be eligible for post of Junior Engineer in CPWD, CWC, Department of Post, MES etc.
29th December 2016, 01:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

SSC Junior Engineer Examination Eligibility Criteria:

You are certainly eligible to apply for SSC Junior Engineer recruitment even after not having Diploma in Civil Engineering course as you are done with B.E in Civil Engineering. Yes, the basic educational qualification required is given below.

For Junior Engineer post in Civil Engineering Cadre:

>> Graduation or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.

(or) else

>> You must have 3 year Diploma in Civil Engineering with 2 years experience in Execution, Maintenance and Planning.

>> As you are done with B.E in Civil Engineering, I am sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this recruitment.
29th December 2016, 03:39 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Being B.E. in Civil degree holder you are eligible for appearing in SSC JE examination on the educational requirement as for the same the minimum requirement is diploma in engineering degree holder in Civil/ Mechanical / Electrical from a recognized institute.

Apart from the educational requirement, your age need to lie within 18 years to 27 years. Also for few departments the maximum age limit is 30 years. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

For more updates and details regarding SSC JE examination you can log on to the link www.ssc.nic.in.
29th December 2016, 09:20 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Candidates who have completed BE/B.TECH in any department from a recognized university are also eligible for SSC Junior Engineer recruitment. They will recruit you according to your qualifications. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?