29th December 2016, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPPSC/Bank service exam as an ex servicemen?

Sir, my civil qualification BA with sociology,political science and ancient history.My DOB is 24 Dec 1970 and my date of Retirement is 31 Oct 2018. Can I apply any UPPSC/Bank service as a ex service man now.

30th December 2016, 11:46 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for UPPSC/Bank service exam as an ex servicemen?

The full from of UP PSC is Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.

Academic qualification: Graduation in any discipline.

Age criteria: 21-35 for general candidates, OBC age is 21-37 years, SC/ST candidates, it is 21-40 years. For Ex serviceman upper age is relaxed by five years.

Even applying all upper age relaxation, you are over the age limit. You can not apply for UP PSC exam or Bank exams due to age limit.

You can become guard in banks or jailer in jails after retirement from Army.
30th December 2016, 12:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Being an ex serviceman you can surely apply for them, if you fulfill the age criteria after getting the necessary relaxation in age. Selection will be on the basis of performance in written exam and interview.

Just make sure you have the age according to the eligibility criteria. There is age relaxation available for ex servicemen category.
30th December 2016, 01:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for UPPSC or Bank Service recruitment examination's with the above age criteria.

Yes, based on your date of birth you are 46 years old ex-servicemen and you are not eligible as you have not met the required age criteria.

In general, for UPPSC or Bank Service Examination that maximum age must not exceed 45 years of Ex-Servicemen category candidates. As you have crossed the required age, you are not eligible as far as my knowledge is concerned.
30th December 2016, 07:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPPSC/ Bank Service examination as an ex servicemen if you can fulfill the eligibility criteria like educational qualification, age limit, etc., required to appear in the examination. There is an upper age relaxation of 10 years for ex-servicemen to be eligible to appear in these examinations. By satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned in the respective examination notification, you are eligible to apply for UPPSC/ Bank Service examination.
16th August 2017, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a serving soldier in Indian army. My date of birth is 03 Dec 1975. I will be retired from army in the month of July 2018. After retirement can I apply for UPPSC exam. Please tell me about the quota for ex servicemen and procedure of selection.
22nd May 2018, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am an ex serviceman of general category and 39 years of age. Can I apply for up psc till 45 years of age?
18th November 2018, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

I am MA sociology I will be retired in April 2020. What is job for me in up under ex servicemen qutota
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?