28th April 2015, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and procedure to apply in CDS-OTA for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) candidate?

Hello,
I want to apply for CDS-OTA.
I am studying in B.Tech(Civil Engineering).
Kindly tell me the procedure for applying?
And also tell me all the relevant information.
Thank you.

29th April 2015, 07:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and procedure to apply in CDS-OTA for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to apply for CDS-OTA.
I am studying in B.Tech(Civil Engineering).
Kindly tell me the procedure for applying?
And also tell me all the relevant information.
Thank you.
How to apply CDS exam:-

Log on to the website www.upsc.gov.in

Click on the link of “Notification: Combined Defense Services Exam (I) 2015″ in the “What’s New” window.

Open the link “CDS I 2015 Online Registration“

Click on the link “Click here”

Then fill all the mandatory details and submit it.

Make payment of application fee.

Then complete the “Part- II Registration” process and submit final application form.

Also take a printout for further reference

Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam after completion of your graduation degree.

If you have NCC "C" certificate then you will get some priority in interview round.

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE.

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

Best books for CDS exam:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

29th April 2015, 07:56 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information and procedure to apply in CDS-OTA for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) candidate?

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by UPSC two times in a year. CDS I Examination has been completed. CDS II notification will be released in the month of July / August in the official website.

Procedure to apply:

Applicants are required to register online only. There is no offline mode of application forms. The applicants are required to register online by using the official website of UPSC: Applications !!!. The online application forms will be available at the time of notification. The cost of application forms is Rs.200/-. The applicants can pay the fee either by using net banking or by using debit card / credit card or by depositing the cash in SBI branches. The Bank Challan will be generated at the time of successfully completion of registration.

Eligibility Criteria:

-Applicants should have passed degree course from a recognized Institution.
-No percentage bar is there to apply.
-Final year of degree course may also apply.
-Applicants age should be between 19 years and 25 years.
-No age relaxation are applicable.
-Unmarried male / female candidates are eligible to apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in

31st July 2017, 10:48 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

CDS - Combined Defence Services

>> OTA stands for Officers' Training Academy. It is a part or a wing of Combined Defence Services through which every year candidates are recruited for Officers' Post in Indian Defence.

>> CDS Important Dates :-
> Notification Date :- November, 2018
> Last Date to Apply :- December, 2018
> CDS Exam Date :- February, 2018

>> CDS Online Application Form :-

>> Best Book for CDS Preparation :-

CDS : Combined Defence Services Examination Guide (Paperback)
by R.Gupta
> Price : Rs. 295/-
> ISBN :- 8178123800
> Edition : 1st Edition
> No. of Pages : 531

>> For further details, visit www.upsc.gov.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?