1st April 2015, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed B.Com General from KSOU?

Sir,
I have completed my B.Com General.
But I have done my graduation from KSOU.
Please let me know I am eligible for giving UPSC exams?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com
  2. Am I eligible to write NET exam? I have completed my BA and M.A from KSOU directly after completion of 18 years of age
  3. Eligibility to appear in UPSC Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech student of KSOU?
  4. How can I apply for UPSC exam being a F.Y.B.Com student? Percentage required to apply?
  5. Can I be eligible to apply for government job after completing B.Tech in KSOU?
  6. Am I eligible for JNTU? I have completed B.Tech EC fro KSOU mysore
  7. Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed Bachelor of Fine Arts?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for jobs in Andhra Pradesh if I have completed BA course from KSOU, Delhi?
  9. Can I apply for jobs in government sector after completing 2 years MA from KSOU?
  10. Which is the best choice for me between Bank Exams and UPSC Exams to get Government Job having completed Physiotherapy?
  11. When does the counseling start in Karnataka?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exams after completing 3 years full time Hotel Management Diploma course?
  13. Will I be eligible for government sector jobs after B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduation in Hotel management?
  15. Eligibility to apply in Government recruitment exams for a EEE Diploma holder of KSOU?
  16. Am I eligible for government job if I am a KSOU student -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get admission in B.Com in Chandigarh College after doing 12th from Chandigarh with 57.6 marks
  18. Can I be eligible for UPSC and MPSC Exams being a candidate of pursuing BA from IGNOU?
8th April 2015, 11:17 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed B.Com General from KSOU?

Of course you are eligible to appear in UPSC Examination after completion of B.Com General from KSOU (Karnataka State Open University). The minimum eligibility criteria required to be eligible is "Candidates must have passed Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university/ institute". Since KSOU (Karnataka State Open University) is a recognized University, you are certainly eligible to give these UPSC Exams.

Karnataka State Open University is a recognized university of Distance Education, New Delhi, regular Member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Even though KSOU is an Open University, candidates who obtain their degree from this university are eligible since it is a recognized university.
8th April 2015, 12:45 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed B.Com General from KSOU?

If the KSOU university is a recognised one , then you are eligible to apply for the Union public service commission exams. If the University is not a recognised one , then you are not eligible for the UPSC exams.

---> You can apply for the CDS exam to join in Defence services which will conduct by UPSC twice in every year
Cds-1
Cds-2

To apply for the exam ,

~ The candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a Recognised university
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-22 years to join in Navy
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-23 years , to join in Airforce
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-24 years to join in Army
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-25 years to join in OTA
OTA = Officers training academy

~ The candidate shouldbe a citizen of india

Selection process is ,

1) Written exam
2) SSB Interview
3) Medical test

~~ You can also apply for the Civil services exam which is also conducting by UPSC of india.
8th April 2015, 04:03 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed B.Com General from KSOU.

Eligibility Criteria For Civil Services Exam:

Candidates must have completed their graduation from any recognised university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC exams, they have to produce their graduation degree during Main Examinations.

Age Limit : Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is also provided as per government norms. Age relaxation is provided as follows :
For OBC : 3 years
For SC/ST : 5 years

Number of Attempts :
General category: 4 attempts
OBC category: 7 attempts
CC/ST category: No Limit

For more details please go to http://upsc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for exam pattern and syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 60 views)
8th April 2015, 09:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
As you know that UPSC (Union Service Public Commission) is a central government body that conduct various examinations every year. You have done your graduation with Commerce, then you are eligible for UPSC Civil service examination (CSAT), CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination. If you are interested to become an IAS / IPS officer, then you can apply for UPSC Civil service examination. To apply for UPSC Civil service examination, you have to be a graduate from any discipline from a recognized university.

The age limit to apply for civil services is from 21 years to 30 years. Relaxation on age is applicable only to reserved category candidates only.

Well, there is a restriction in the number of attempts in a civil service examination. General category candidates will get only 4 attempts, 7 attempts for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), No limits for SC/ST candidates.

The selection in a civil service examination is based on three individual processes.

~~ Stage I: (Preliminary Examination)
~~ Stage II: (Main Examination)
~~ Stage III: (Personality Interview).

Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for CDS Examination, only if they are interested in defence job. Commerce aspirants are only eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy OR Officers’ Training Academy Only. The age limit for Indian Military Academy (IMA) is from 19 to 24 years and the age limit for Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) is from 19 to 25 years.

The selection is based on written test followed by SSB interview and a medical test.

If you are interested in UPSC Examination, then you can apply for Civil service examination and Combined Defense Service examination. To get more details please visit the official website of UPSC.
8th April 2015, 10:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are definitely eligible to apply for the UPSC exams with your qualification. Any graduate who completed their graduation are eligible to apply for UPSC exams.

Under UPSC, you can apply for different exams with B.Com for various posts. Among all the exams you have to apply for Civil's exams. Since it is the most important exam in the cadre level.

Through Civil's you have a chance to prosper your career in different departments. Through UPSC civil's you will have a prelims, Main's and Interview. After that you will be shortlisted for the post according to the marks you will get in both Mains and Interview.

List of UPSC exams for a B.Com graduate :

1.Civil's

2.Indian Forest Services

3.Special Class Railway Apprentice

4.CDS

5.Engineering service Examination.
9th April 2015, 08:10 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

You have completed your bachelor's degree from Karnataka State Open University which is also a recognized university and as per the requirement of qualification for UPSC exams a candidate should have :

A bachelor's degree in any stream/subject/discipline from a recognized university established by law in India or any other equivalent qualification.

KSOU is a recognized university and you are eligible to apply for Indian Civil Service examination of UPSC.

Your age should not be less than 21 years and more than 32 years and relaxation in upper age as per government rules.

05 years for SC/ST and ESM candidates

03 years for OBC category candidates

There are limited number of attempts limited for each category candidate means a candidate can not appear for examination more than that of limited number of attempts mentioned by the board and number of attempts are mentioned below :

General/ UR category candidates - Maximum 06 times

OBC Category candidates - Maximum 09 times

Restriction of number of attempts is not applied in case of candidates belonging to SC - Scheduled Castes and ST - Scheduled Tribes candidates as per the norms of the government.

SC/ST category candidates can appear for UPSC Indian Civil Service examination upto 37 years of age means 32 + 05 years of upper age relaxation.

Candidates willing to serve the nation through the services do not care for number of attempts limited or unlimited, such candidates can easily become IAS officer in one or two attempts by their hard work and pure dedication towards the examination.

You also have to do the same and I would like to suggest you to go for a good coaching center in Delhi which provides highest number of selections and results every single year so you could learn very good and qualify the examination.
10th April 2015, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Yes, you are eligible for UPSC exam because you have completed B.Com degree from KSOU.

KSOU is a recognized by UGC.

I have attached a document regarding UGC approval of KSOU so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KSOU UGC APPROVAL.pdf(84.0 KB, 83 views)
10th April 2015, 08:15 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,of course,you are eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed B.Com General from KSOU.

UPSC conducts various exams for civil services,engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

As you have completed your graduation with Commerce,you are eligible to apply for Civil services exam,CDS exam for Indian Military Academy.

To become eligible to sit for Civil services exam,the candidate has to fulfill following criteria:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The qualification required is graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is 21 years to 30 years.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and for SC/ST candidate it is 5 years.

-The examination process are conducted in different stages.These are

* Preliminary exam

*Mains exam

*Personality Interview.

For CDS exam the age limit for Indian Military Academy is 19 years to 24 years and qualification needed is graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

The selection process for CDS exam involves;

*Written exam
*Interview by Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?