14th February 2016, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and Statistics syllabus of SSC CGL TIER-II written exam?

Hello Sir,
I am going to apply for SSC CGL written exam. This is my 1st attempt so please send me some information in details for Tier-II Statistics paper and its syllabus also.

16th February 2016, 02:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and Statistics syllabus of SSC CGL TIER-II written exam?

Detailed Information about SSC CGL Tier II Written Exam:

You must have followed the below eligibility criteria before applying for Statistical Investigator Grade II post. The minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor's Degree in any subject from a recognized university" or institute with minimum 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th Class level. (Or) Bachelor's Degree in any subject with "Statistics" as one of the subjects at degree level. Besides Paper I and Paper II, you will have appear in Paper III which is "Statistics" paper. The major subjects included in the syllabus is given below and the detailed Syllabus can be obtained in 19th and 20th pages of Detailed notification which has been linked below.

* Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data
* Measures of Central Tendency
* Measures of Dispersion
* Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
* Correlation and Regression
* Probability Theory
* Random Variable and Probability Distributions
* Sampling Theory
* Statistical Inference
* Analysis of Variance
* Time Series Analysis
* Index Numbers

Click here for Syllabus (SSC CGL Tier II) Statistical
16th February 2016, 05:29 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Detailed information and Statistics syllabus of SSC CGL TIER-II written exam?

Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CGL exam every year in which there is a post of Statistical Investigator Grade II. The eligibility for this post is student must possess Bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognized university or institute with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level.

>>If you specify this post in your preference list while filling the online application and qualify in the SSC Tier I exam then you have to take an extra paper of Statistics in Tier II. You want to know about the syllabus for this subject in Tier II.

Following are the topics which are in the syllabus of Statistics:

-- Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data

-- Measures of Central Tendency

-- Measures of Dispersion

-- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis

-- Correlation and Regression

-- Probability Theory

-- Random Variable and Probability Distributions

-- Sampling Theory

-- Statistical Inference

-- Analysis of Variance

--Time Series Analysis

-- Index Numbers

>>The above mentioned are topics only, if you want to know about the full details in that topics then you can go through the detailed notification of SSC CGL in which full syllabus is mentioned.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC CGL 2016.pdf(262.2 KB, 14 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?