24th December 2013, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Details of becoming Crime branch or IB Officer?

I am 31year (obc)post graduate wants to become an crime branch officer or I.B. officer tell me the details to become.

31st December 2013, 09:27 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Details of becoming Crime branch or IB Officer?

To join IB(Intelligence Bureau)Officer, you need to crack the entrance examination. This examination is conducted by Ministry of Home Affairs Government of India. This year examination has been already completed.

Next announcement will be publish in the month of July or August in the official website of MHA(Ministry of Home Affairs) as well as employment news paper. The application forms are received only online mode and there is no offline mode.

Minimum Academic qualification is required to apply for IB Examination is that candidate must hold degree course in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognized University. No percentage bar is required to apply for this examination. The candidate must have a knowledge in computers.

The candidate age should between 18 years to 27 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable. 5 year relaxation is applicable for SC/ST categories, 3 years relaxation is applicable for OBC categories and 10 years relaxation is applicable for PWD candidates.

The Selection process will be divided into two categories :- Written Examination, Personal Interview followed by Medical Test. The Written Examination consists of General awareness, Logical Reasoning, Comprehension, Mathematical ability.
3rd January 2014, 12:35 AM
LaurenSmith

if u mean it as CBI, there is two stage. one at the level of class 1 officer for which you have to appear IPS exam and become an IPS offcer. from there you can go to cbi if u have worth. second at the level of sub inspector of cbi for which you have to appear exam conducted by Staff Selection commission. if u mean any other state crime branch, u again can join through IPS or through state selection procedure of respective police department.
11th January 2014, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

I am sunil bawankar ,student of engineering, please sugest me the pysical reqirement for IB
19th October 2020, 12:34 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Intelligence Bureau Recruitment process requires candidates to appear for (GPE) which is conducted by SSC every year. To become RAW agent , candidates should take Grp A civil service exam under Central Staffing Scheme.
Responsiblities:-
Shrouded in secrecy the IB officer used to garner intelligence from within India and also execute counter terrorism tasks. The bureau comprises employees from law enforcement agencies mostly from IPS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?