13th April 2014, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam

I have completed my engineering in computer engineering branch. Can I apply for ISS or IES exam. please give me guideline.

14th April 2014, 09:35 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam

You considered that you want to about how to become a IES ( Indian engineering service) you also want to know the eligibility criteria for the post of IES ( Indian engineering service). Now I am clearing your confusion about your question what you mentioned above.

First thing I want to clear about that IES ( Indian engineering service) post is under the civil Service examination. Civil service examination which is conducted by UPSC ( union public service commission) at every year. IJS ( Indian judicial service), IPS (Indian police service), IRS (Indian revenue service), IFS (Indian forest service) is under the civil Service examination. You can attempt civil Service examination 4 times for general if you are general and OBC (Other backward class) if you are OBC and unlimited times for SC/ST if you are SC/ST .

Age limit for the civil Service examination is that if you are SC/ST then you have no age limit to appear for this examination, if you are OBC (Other backward class) then your age limit for the civil Service examination is 35 years. If you have general then your age limit for civil Service examination is 35 years. So my suggestion is for you that be study well and the bright future is waiting for you.
14th April 2014, 11:48 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

IES/ISS i.e Indian Economic Services and Indian Statistical Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. 2014 Exam notification was already released and last date for receipt of application on 3rd March 2014.

ISS Eligibility :- You must have a completed your bachelor's degree with Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University or Post graduate degree with Mathematics Statistics /Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University. Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.

IES Eligibility :- You must have a completed Post Graduation with Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.

As per your qualification you are not eligible to apply for IES (Indian Economics Service Examination) but if you are having the Mathematics Statistics/Statistics/Applied Statistics in your degree than definitely eligible to apply other wise your ineligible to apply for this examination.

Being Engineering candidates you are eligible to apply for Engineering Services Examination and it is called as IES (Indian Engineering Service) Examination. To apply for this examination the candidate must have a completed engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Even pursing in the final year of engineering degree may also eligible to apply.

IES i.e Indian Economics Services Indian Engineering Service Examination. These Examination are totally different. Both examination are conducted by UPSC.
14th April 2014, 06:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my engineering in computer engineering branch. Can I apply for ISS or IES exam. please give me guideline.
ISS stands for Indian Statistical Service

IES stands for Indian Economic Service

As asked regarding the education qualification which is needed for the ISS and the IES exam i have mentioned below the qualification needed:

For ISS:

>> The Education qualification which is needed for the ISS exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects.

And there is also Nationality and Age Limit which are also needed to be satisfied.

>> The Nationality standard states that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age and this is for General category candidate and for SC/ST candidate it is 21-35 years and for OBC candidate it is 21-33 years of age.

For IES:

>> Education qualification which is needed to be satisfied is that the candidate must have completed a Post Graduate Degree from a recognised university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.

>> The age limit needed is same as that of ISS,the candidate should have 21-30 years of age and same relaxation as like ISS exam.

>> Candidate should be a Citizen of India

The candidate who satisfies all these criteria for the exam is eligible for applying for the respected exams which are the ISS and the IES Exam

ALL THE BEST
2nd December 2017, 06:08 PM
nishanth60

Hi Friend
#IES(Indian Economic Services) and ISS(Indian Statistical Services) examination is conducted by UPSC every year.
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IES examination is POST-GRADUATION degree in Economics or Applied Economics or Econometrics or Business Economics from recognised institution/university.
#And the minimum educational qualification required to apply for ISS is POST-GRADUATION degree in Statistics (or) Mathematical Statistics (or) Applied Statistics.
#Age limit to apply for IES/ISS examination is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are :
* 3 years for OBC candidates
* 5 years for SC/ST candidates and
* 10 years for PWD candidates.
#And the selection procedure of IES/ISS exam is Written test followed by personal interview.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
14th July 2018, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation in B.Tech in Electronics and communication engineering. Am i eligible for iss exam? I have mathematics upto 3rd semester as a subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?