6th January 2017, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

To which group IAS belongs to?

Now my standard is B.Tech 2nd year. I am interested to write civil service exam to become an IAS officer. So, I want to know what is the groups and what is GR-1,GR-2,GR-3 etc, and the IAS belongs to which group?

6th January 2017, 09:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To which group IAS belongs to?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and examination is conducted by UPSC as Civil Service examination for recruitment.

I.A.S is in Group I and you will be not eligible to appear for examination while pursuing in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for final bachelor degree examination. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The various jobs are categorised in various group and is classified as Group - 1, Group -2 etc..
6th January 2017, 11:41 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: To which group IAS belongs to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now my standard is B.Tech 2nd year. I am interested to write civil service exam to become an IAS officer. So, I want to know what is the groups and what is GR-1,GR-2,GR-3 etc, and the IAS belongs to which group?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service, which is conducted by the Civil Service exam. The Civil Service exam is Organized by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?