5th January 2014, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

How to become Central Exercise Officer? Which exam to write?

I am doing Costing, how can i become an Central Excise officer?? What exams should I write?? Please tell me in details how to become a Central Excice officer

19th January 2014, 08:28 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become Central Exercise Officer? Which exam to write?

Excise officer who deals with the excise duty related matters of the “ Central Board of Excise “ and “ Custom Taxes “ , a department of central government in India.

Excise Inspectors as is one of the feared name among excise defaulters and smugglers.It is the resonsibility of the excise Inspectors to hunt for those defaulters and bring them to the notice of the department.

To be an excise officer you have to undergo a selection process of
>> Written test
>> Oral Exam .
These are conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.So that only competent few among so many aspirants could be selected.

For this the minimum educational qualification for becoming an Excise Inspector is Bachelor Degree from any stream.So I think it might be of the any stream.And you must have obtained it from a university which is recognized one.

The candidate must have attained the age of 18 years on 1st July of the year of examination and must not have attained 27 years of age on that date.

The Syllabus for the Central Excise Officer exam is given below for you -

@ General Intelligence and General Awareness or knowledge

@ General English Language

@ Arithmetic Ability

There are three steps to become an excise inspector under the Central Government.They are : Paper I is for 200 Questions. And for the paper II subjective type pattern is available.

Soon after the completion of your Paper I and Paper II exam , you will be allowed into the Interview Process.There you will have to face the Interview process and other personality test which is most important to qualify the exam .

Excise Officer gets the pay scale of Rs.6,500 - Rs.10,500.The government of India has fixed the salary grades for its employees at various posts.Although they keep on changing with the new pay commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?