5th May 2014, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Train Driver?

respected sir,
i am a commerce student in fyjc in mumbai i want to become a train driver but i dont know how can you plz tell me how do i become train driver?

8th May 2014, 07:16 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I become a Train Driver?

As per you have mentioned in the question that how one can become a train driver. A train driver is an unique job in which you have to go through some tests . this is a job which do not need a formal qualification. .If your written application is accepted and then you are invited to a daylong assessment process along with other applicants. The written application will provide details about your educational background, family records, about your health, date of birth, blood group and etc.

The day long assessment will contain a number of oral and practical examinations that will establish. Your physical and mental health, eyesight, height, weight. your height would be between 5’4” to 6’1”. Your weight would be around 61 kg and the minimum age to apply for this job is 21 years. You’re spoken and writing ability of English so that you can communicate with anyone wherever you go. There will be a test on your mathematical ability and understanding of basic engineering rules and regulations. Ability to concentrate for long periods on your work in time of emergences and the last one is physical co-ordination.

It sounds easy but it is not easy because u are not the alone candidate to appear these tests. There may be more and better candidate than you. You will only get two chances to pass these tests which runs by network rail on behalf of training operating companies .The general salary is around 35,000 pound .if you think you can do this job then you should apply this job isn’t for everyone.
1st September 2016, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I'm in 2nd year of diploma I want to become a railway engine driver , so what shall I do for it please help me sir
6th September 2016, 08:32 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

Procedure to become a railway engine driver:

->After completing your diploma you should complete ITI course in any specified trade.
->After that you should qualify the exam conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.
->Railway Recruitment Board(RRB) conducts exam for recruiting the eligible candidates to the post of railway engine drivers.
->Notification for the exam will be published on the newspaper.
->You should go through the notification before applying for the exam.
->If you qualify the exam you will be first given the post of diesel or electric locomotive assistant driver.
->After getting the experience, you can get promotion to the post of railway engine driver.
3rd September 2021, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

I'm a commerce student & I want to become a train driver/loco pilot. But I want to know that , Can a commerce student become a loco pilot ? If yes, then tell me what should I do ?
8th September 2021, 11:13 AM
Singhskomal

To become train driver, you must qualified in class 10th or equivalent qualification from recognised board.
Must completed ITI or diploma in mechanical/electrical/electronics/automobile engineering from an recognised institute.

RRB (railway recruitment board) conducted the selection process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?