28th January 2014, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Service Commission Railway Apprentice? Syllabus and date of exam?

Sir I want to ask that how I have to prepare for the service commission railway apprentice
Exam.please tell from where I will get its complete syllabus.when will its exam held.

1st February 2014, 08:49 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for Service Commission Railway Apprentice? Syllabus and date of exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I want to ask that how I have to prepare for the service commission railway apprentice
Exam.please tell from where I will get its complete syllabus.when will its exam held.
Hey friend,

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:

DATE OF NOTIFICATION : 05.10.2013

LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 04.11.2013

DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM : 12.01.2014

The SCRA Exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is conducted every year and this exam is to select candidates for the Mechanical Department of Indian Railways.

The candidate is eligible for applying for the exam if the candidate is satisfying all the eligibility criteria and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

To be descriptive about these criteria's it is mentioned below for your reference:

>> The candidate appearing for the exam must have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard.

> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 17-21 years of age.

> There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates and they are for SC/ST candidate it is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

> The Education qualification which is needed by the candidate is that the candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized university with Mathematics and atleast one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination. is eligible.

> The candidate who has completed a Degree with Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects.

The candidate who is satisfying this criteria is eligible for applying for the exam.

SYLLABUS:

The SCRA Exam comprises of three papers Paper I, Paper II, Paper III.

The Paper I consist of English, General Knowledge, Psychological Test.The

The Paper II consist of Physics, Chemistry.

The Paper III consist of Mathematics, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Differential equations, Vectors and its applications, Statistics and Probability.

EXAM PATTERN:

# Written Exam

# Personality Test

The Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and there will be multiple choices.Duration for each paper is 2 hours and maximum marks for General Ability test : 200,
Physical Science : 200,
Mathematics : 200,
Total Written Examination carries 600 marks.

The Personality Test carrying a maximum of 200 marks in respect of only those candidates who are declared qualified on the results of written examination.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?