28th January 2016, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

How should I start preparation for Indian Foreign Services after 12th?

I have completed my 12th with PCM. I am aspiring for the Indian Foreign Services. So kindly guide me regarding the preparation for that after passing 12th standard?

28th January 2016, 10:10 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How I start preparation for Indian Foreign Services after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th with PCM. I am aspiring for the Indian Foreign Services. So kindly guide me regarding the preparation for that after passing 12th standard?
Some basic Tips to Prepare Indian Foreign Services Examination:

- Go through Indian Foreign Services examination pattern and syllabus carefully.
- Practice last ten years previous question papers.
- Try mock test regularly.
- Join in reputed coaching class if it is needed.
- Previous year question papers are available in the official website of UPSC ( www.upsc.gov.in)

Indian Foreign Services Exam Pattern:

- Civil Service Aptitude Test:

Paper I - General English 300 Marks
Paper II - General Knowledge 300 Marks

- Main Examination:

Paper I : 300 marks - Optional Subject
Paper II : 300 marks - English
Paper III : 300 marks - Essay
Paper IV : 300 marks - Optional subject I
Paper V : 300 marks - Optional subject II
Paper VI : 300 marks - Optional subject II

List of Optional Subjects
  • Agriculture
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Forestry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
28th January 2016, 04:56 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How should i start preparetion for Indian Foreign Services after 12th?

First of all I appreciate your willingness to get the government job as Indian Foreign Services. You have completed your 12th standard and want to know about the preparation tips for this.

>>Basically UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam (CSE) every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS, IFS etc officers every year.

>>The minimum eligibility for this CSE exam is that student must possess a graduation degree. The age limit is 21-32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students. So in my opinion you have to take admission in bachelor’s degree and after completion or in the final year of your graduation degree, you are eligible for this exam.

Following are the tips you can follow for preparation at this stage:

**Read general studies from good book such as Manorama, General studies by Made Easy publication etc

**Take admission in graduation course such as B.A history, B.A political science etc. As these subjects help in Preliminary as well as in Mains exam of CSE.

**Get aware of current affairs too.

**You can join any good coaching institute for the preparation.
28th January 2016, 07:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start preparation for Indian Foreign Services after 12th?

You are not eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Services being a 12th Class candidate. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since Graduation is required, you are first needed to do Graduation in order to be eligible. As you have completed 12th Class, there are many courses are available after 12th Class. Some of the best courses are, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Computer Application, Bachelor of Business Administration. So first do any of the above mentioned courses in order to be eligible. And start preparation for Civil Services Examination with the help of best coaching institute. After completion of Graduation, you will anyhow apply for Civil Services (Prelims) Exam and based on the rank you secure you will be alloted to Indian Foreign Services Department. Try to get good command over Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Biological Sciences and General Knowledge.
28th January 2016, 08:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should i start preparetion for Indian Foreign Services after 12th?

For Indian Foreign Services you need at least a Graduation degree to appear for exam. At the moment you are just 12th PCM passed candidate which is not enough to make you eligible for this exam.

There is age limit also which is 21 to 32 years for general category candidate. The exam is conducted by UPSC every year and the exam is called Civil Services exam.
17th October 2020, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I start preparation for Indian Foreign Services after 12th?

which course is better for IAS and IFS whether taking BSC psychology or BA psychology?and what will be the benefits for both other than civil service exams?please suggest me..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?