29th August 2015, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to do graduation and higher secondary studies in the same subject to take the government teaching job?

Is it mandatory to do graduation and higher secondary studies in the same subject to take the government teaching job? Can you please help me to understand this? Awaiting for all your answers to me soon!

29th August 2015, 08:24 PM
candycrush

Default Re: Is it mandatory to do graduation and higher secondary studies in the same subject to take the government teaching job?

Yes it is so. As per the UGC of India in order to uplift the quality of education in India which is directly related to the teacher a teacher must hold a Phd degree in the relevant field to become an Associate professor.

For the assistant professor the teacher must hold a master's degree in the relevant field.

Further for the associate professor experience of teaching for at least 5 years is required.

Means even if you have PhD degree you will have to further work as assistant professor for 5 years before you can be Associate.

This is further complicated by the requirement of the UGC Net exam qualification .

That is mere degree of PhD and master's does not validate you for any of the teaching post.

And you must clear the UGC Net exam in the subject of your discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?