18th September 2016, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Are mass communication graduates eligible for UPSC exam?

Are mass communication graduates eligible for UPSC exam? plz help me........... I want to do graduation from mass communication & after graduation I want to go for UPSC. It is possible to do??? And which optional subject I should choose in UPSC????

Related Questions:
  1. Is it compulsory to do graduation in mass communication to be eligible for applying masers in mass communication?
  2. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  3. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  4. Can I prepare for the entrance exam of mass communication if I dont like Mathematics in 11th?
  5. Courses available after completing B.A course?
  6. Best University to study Ph.D in Mass Communication for M.A in Mass Communication student?
  7. Are mass communication graduates eligible for UPSC exam?
  8. Is it possible to do course in Mass communication after 12th Commerce?
  9. For doing PG in Mass Communication is it necessary to do BA with Mass Communication?
  10. Can i make career in Mass Communication after studying 12th with humanities?
  11. Which colleges under Delhi University offer Mass communication course? Which are the entrance exams for Mass communication course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Mass Communication if completed 12th a year ago?
  13. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in masters in mass communication and journalism?
  14. Can i directly join Journalism field with doing BCA graduation?
  15. Am I eligible to study Master's in Mass Communication if pursuing PG Diploma course after completed B.A.(English)?
  16. Possibility to study M.A.(Mass Communication) fr B.A.(English Literature) candidate?
  17. what is the syllabus for mass communication entrance exam St. Xaviers Calcutta?
  18. Can I join journalism or mass communication after graduation in arts? -- [New]
18th September 2016, 08:24 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are mass communication graduates eligible for UPSC exam?

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

>>Candidates with bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is eligible for examination. Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

You can apply for Civil Services examination after completion of bachelor's degree in Mass communication. The minimum age limit for UPSC Civil Service examination is 21 years and upper age limit for examination is 32 years for general candidate. Three years upper age relaxation to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can select any subject as your optional subject. Optional subject plays a vital role in overall selection. It must be selected as per interest in that subject. There is a list of optional subject and from which you can select any optional subject like Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, History Geography, Political science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical engineering etc.
18th September 2016, 01:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Graduation in Mass communication can be accepted in order to appear in Civil Services Examination. There are many optional subjects in Civil Services and optional subjects are,

>> Sociology

>> Geography

>> History

>> All Literature subjects

>> Philosophy and Psychology

>> Political Science and Economics

>> Public Administration

>> All Other Science or Arts subjects

You might have studied any one of the subjects in your 12th Class and you may study related subject in Graduation. So I suggest you to choose the best subject in which you are very good in.
18th September 2016, 02:03 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for the Union Public Service Commission after completing graduation in mass communication. A candidate must be graduate from a recognized university in any faculty and age must be between 21 years to 32 years.
18th September 2016, 04:25 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for UPSC exam after graduation in mass communication. So don't worry about it and concentrate on your study. Thanks
18th September 2016, 09:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria a candidate must have done graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised University in order to appear in Union Public Service Commission exam to become IAS or IPS officer.
As you are asking for selection of optional subject and personally I would like to suggest you to choose interested and easy subject such as geography, economics etc. that can be easily performed in exam.
18th September 2016, 09:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, mass communication graduates are eligible for UPSC civil services exam, if they have done the degree from a UGC approved university. There is no need to worry if you have done the degree from an approved college.

There is age limit for the exam and your age should be between 21 to 32 years. In case, of reserved category there is age relaxation available.
18th September 2016, 09:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts many examination for recruitment as an Officer in various sector. It conducts examination like, NDA, CDS, Civil Service, I.F.S etc.

So, kindly visit the official website to get any information about a particular examination i.e www.upsc.gov.in.

But, if you want to know appear for Civil Services examination you are eligible as candidates passed degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.
19th September 2016, 09:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are mass communication graduates eligible for UPSC exam? plz help me........... I want to do graduation from mass communication & after graduation I want to go for UPSC. It is possible to do??? And which optional subject I should choose in UPSC????
Yes, Mass Communication candidates are eligible for UPSC exams.

After completion of your graduation degree, you can apply for Civil Service Exam, CDS exam.

You can choose the History subject as an optional paper in the UPSC exam because this subject is scoring.
24th March 2018, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Is there any graduation certificate of the optional subject required for the application form of UPSC? Since i got to know from other questions that i can apply for UPSC through mass communication too. Can i go for mass communication after my 12th examinations besides going for a graduation in respectable optional subjects
30th March 2018, 11:48 PM
Rudra0000
Junior Member+

To get eligible for UPSC Exam, you must have completed graduation with minimum 55% marks in any subject.
Know you are aware with the eligibility criteria to appear in UPSC Exam.
Now let's get some more information about UGC NET Exam -

What is UPSC Exam ?
Here is your answer -

The Civil Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Every year for appointing eligible Candidates into elite class Services of IAS, IPS and Group 'A' and Group 'B' allied Services.

This examination has three stages namely:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview / Personality Test
if you have any query regarding these answer.. feel free to ask!
8th August 2020, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Are mass communication graduates can eligible for BPSC Exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?