22nd January 2016, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Can i directly join Journalism field with doing BCA graduation?

Hi,

I am Sindhuja. I am madly interested in journalism field. Infact i want to make my career in journalism. But i am stuck in engg.. Can i directly get into journalism field without doing graduation like B.A.? So please help me.

22nd January 2016, 11:18 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i directly join Journalism field with doing BCA graduation?

As per my point of view you are eligible to pursue post graduation course in journalism after BCom with at least 50% marks. The courses you can join

MA Jounalism
MA Photo Jounalism
MA Public Relationship
MA Mass Communication
MA Media And Jounalism

The duration of these courses is complete 4 semesters but remember that first preference is given to graduates in journalism.
The top universities or colleges of our country conduct entrance exam.

Top Universities are:

Symbiosis Institute of mass communication
Asian College of journalism
Xavier Institute of Communications
Indian Institute of journalism and mass media
22nd January 2016, 12:13 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i directly join Journalism field with doing BCA graduation?

After completion of your Bachelors Degree, you can directly pursue post graduation courses or diploma courses in journalism and Mass Communication. But remember that preference is given to the graduates in journalism and Mass Communication. You need to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted by top universities of our country like Indian Institute of journalism and mass media, Asian College of journalism,Symbiosis Institute of mass communication and many more.
You should have good communication skills and personality to become journalist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?