21st April 2014, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Paper pattern of UPSC and portions to study?

I passed my 12th and doing bsc 1st year I want to prepare for upsc exam so I can get good results I just wanted to know basically about upsc paper pattern and portion of studying?

23rd April 2014, 11:55 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Paper pattern of UPSC and portions to study?

I appreciate that your showing interest to crack the UPSC Examination but you didn't specified which exam pattern you needed. UPSC i.e Union Public Service Commission is Central agency conducts the CSE, SCRA, NDA, IES, I.S.S/I.E.S, CDS, CAPF, Combined Medical Service Examination and Geologist Examination. It is difficult to provide all the exam pattern and portions. But I think your asking about the Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination(CSE) conducts once in a year for recruitment of IAS, IPS, IFS, Customs, Railway, Traffic..etc. To apply for this examination the candidate must have a completed graduation from a recognized University. The candidate must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years. Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply. If you are completed degree course than you need to crack the CSE Examination. Civil Service Examination is divided into three level and they are Preliminary(CSAT), Main Examination followed by Personal Interview.

Preliminary Examination(CSAT) Pattern :-

Paper I: 200 marks - 2 Hours
  • Current Events of National and International Importance
  • History of India and Indian National Movement
  • Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world
  • Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues
  • Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives
  • General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
  • General Science

Paper II: 200 marks - 2 Hours
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision-making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (Class X level)
  • English language comprehension (Class X level)
1st May 2014, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Paper pattern of UPSC and portions to study?

sir im student of fybsc im also preparing for upsc can u suggest me which types of books should i refer for paper1?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?