14th July 2021, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Which stream is beneficial to choose after 10th to become an IPS Officer?

Now i pass 10th exam. I want to become an I.P.S officer,which steam is benefit for me(science,commerce & arts) and from which steam i can get the more knowledge which helpful to become an I.P.S officer.

14th July 2021, 08:32 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is beneficial to choose after 10th to become an IPS Officer?

You can choose the streams of your choice. There is no restriction on this. You need to have graduation degree to appear for this test .You should also be over 21 years. You can appear for the test when you are in the final year. You should start preparing immediately especially in the general knowledge area.

For more details about IPS exam conducted by UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th July 2021, 08:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is beneficial to choose after 10th to become an IPS Officer?

There is no required any steam to appear in the IPS exam.
You can choose the stream according to your interest because the minimum eligibility criteria for appear in the IPS exam is graduation in any stream from a recognised University and the age must be between 21 to 30 years.

You can do 12th from any steam according to your interest and then go on graduation. After graduation you can apply for IPS exam.

For more information see the official website of UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.intoxication
15th July 2021, 12:03 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate can choose any stream to become an IPS Officer in India but I suggest you choose Arts or Commerce after the 10th. These streams cover a lot of syllabus of UPSC and this helps you in the preparation of UPSC.

The candidate should have completed graduation from any recognized university to be eligible for the UPSC exam.
15th July 2021, 12:14 AM
Msdhoni02

Streams is beneficial to choose after 10th to become an IPS Officer.

1. Arts.
2. Or, Commerce.

You need a minimum of 60% marks in your 10+2 from any board.
15th July 2021, 08:35 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You can select any stream to pursue your academic qualification. There is no such data that candidates from a particular stream are eligible to clear the examination easily.

Candidates from various stream clear the examination every year. To clear the Civil Service examination, you need to prepare for the examination with determination, dedication and devotion.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, from now if you start preparing with a proper strategy you will be able to clear the examination after the bachelor degree ( when become eligible to appear for examination ). To get more information about the syllabus and examination pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2021, 04:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The acronym IPS stands for Indian Police Services. The recruitment to Indian Police Services is done through Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The best stream if a candidate wants to join Civil Services is Humanities at senior secondary level because ultimately you have to study them during your preparation. The eligibility for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

You can opt for Humanities stream at senior secondary level.
15th July 2021, 04:35 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The stream which is beneficial to choose after 10th to become an IPS Officer is commerce or arts stream in which you learn about economics or history, geography which will be helpful in cracking the UPSC CSE examination. The requirements to become an IPS officer are given below.

--> A candidate must be a citizen of India.
--> The candidate age should be a minimum of 21 years of age.
--> The candidate should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
15th July 2021, 06:00 PM
periwinkle09876

To be an IPS officer, you can choose any stream as per your choice because the minimum educational qualification required to appear in civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for the post of IPS officers is GRADUATION in any discipline from a recognised University.

But still if you are confused then I would suggest you that you can choose Arts stream.

Official website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th July 2021, 06:29 PM
Singhskomal

Education qualification for civil services.
Conducted by UPSC.
Candidates must be Bachelor's degree from any of the recognised University and Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the government are also eligible to apply.
Age limit- 21 to 32 years.
15th July 2021, 09:35 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

If you really want to become IPS, then it is quite better to choose commerce or arts stream in which you learn about economics or history geography which is really helpful in cracking the exam.

Eligibility:-

1- The applicant must must hold a Bachelor's degree from any of the universities recognised by the UGC or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age limit:-

Minimum age is 21 years.

Maximum age 32 years as on 1st of August in the year of examination.
15th July 2021, 10:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for further studies after Class 10th for becoming an I.P.S. (Indian Police Service) officer then I would like to let you know that there is no such requirement of any particular stream or subject to be eligible for becoming an IPS officer as a graduate in any discipline are eligible for appearing in the Civil Service Examination which is held for selection of candidates as administrative officers including IPS .

As per my advice, if you see the trend of selection rate for the same examination then it is almost same for candidates from different stream which makes none of the stream to be beneficial over the other and therefore in my advice candidates should go for the stream which is as per his/her interest and strength as psychologically it will appear the easiest option for him/her.
17th July 2021, 11:44 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer, after completing your graduation degree, you will have to appear in the UPSC examination and you have to crack the exam to get selected for the post. So, it will be beneficial for you if you choose the arts or commerce stream after the 10th. In the arts or the commerce stream, you can learn about economics or history, geography which will be really helpful for you to easily crack the UPSC exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?