20th February 2012, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to become IPS Officer?

which stream should i choose after 10th to become an IPS officer?

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to become IPS Officer?
  2. How to become IPS Officer after completion of 10th Class with 96% of marks?
  3. Which stream to choose in 11th standard if I want to become an IPS officer?
  4. How can I become a IPS officer after completing 10th class?
  5. Can I become IAS or IPS Officer by taking arts stream after completion of 10th class?
  6. How to become an IPS officer after passing 10th class?
  7. Stream to choose after 10th for IPS officer?
  8. Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to get a Job with good income with interest in Mathematics?
  9. Can I become an IAS/IPS officer after passing commerce but not interested in Maths? What should I choose between IP and Hindi?
  10. Which subjects I should choose after completion of 10th Class to become an IAS Officer?
  11. Which subjects should I opt for after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream to become an IPS Officer?
  12. Subjects to choose in BA after 12th standard with Arts stream to become an IPS officer?
  13. How to become an IPS officer after studying in class 10th?
  14. How to become an IPS officer after passing 10th exam? What should I do after passing 12th exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which graduation course I need to choose after 12th PCM to become an IPS officer? -- [New]
  16. Which streams can I choose after completing class 10th in India having an aim as to become a pilot?
  17. Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?
  18. Which stream should i choose after class 10 in Context of a better future prospective?
20th February 2012, 12:21 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to become IPS Officer?

The minimum academic qualification that a candidate should need to possess in order to become an IPS officer is Graduation.

Here is the complete selection procedure which a candidate should crack to become an IPS officer.

-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the required eligibility criteria for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-There is a relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category and upto 10 years for the candidates with Physical Disabilities.

So, I suggest you to opt for 12th class with the subjects which you are interested and then apply for Graduation with the stream which contains similar subjects.

Choose the optional subjects for Main Exam and start preparing for the same from the 1st year of Graduation.

For complete information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th February 2012, 12:29 PM
ankitkrmishra

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to become IPS Officer?

10th is very basic knowledge for any of the exam.
AS you tell that you want to become IPS officer then no matter what you choose in the 12th.
Any of the subject you prefer is complete qualification for the IPS officer.
For IPS you may first complete your 12th ant then you have to complete your graduation by any of the stream.
20th February 2012, 01:09 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which stream should i choose after 10th to become an IPS officer?
HI!
After passing 10th there are 3 option:-
> Arts
> Science
> Commerce

You can chose any subject you want..
After passing 12th you have to complete you graduation in any stream..

After completion graduation you can apply for I.P.S exam..
I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

GOOD LUCK!
20th February 2012, 01:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific subject to purse after 10th to become an IPS officer, so it depends upon you in which subject you will be comfortable to complete your Graduation Degree course.

IPS- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE,to become an IPS officer you have to first complete your Graduation and appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for final Graduation degree exam or pass form any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

The selection is thorough three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective type questions

Civil Service Main Exam which comprises of all subjective type questions

Personal Interview

For candidate who are interested for IPS job has to undergo certain physical fitness test before final selection.

As you are interested for IPS hence you are getting sufficient time to prepare your self before sitting in the Civil Service exam after Graduation. If you will prepare for Civil Service from this very early stage of your education, you will definitely be successful.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
20th February 2012, 02:22 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You have done 10th class , and you are look like IPS aspirant..
Then you have to complete your graduation course first..
After completion of graduation course you can apply for IPS exam..
Through IPS exam you will be able to become IPS officer..

So, after completion of 10th class , you just go for 12th class, then go for the graduation course without wasting any time..

Eligibility for IPS exam:---------------------------->>

>>Educational qualification<<

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
3.No such percentage criteria is required..

>>Age limit<<

1.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

>>Nationality<<

1.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, try to complete the graduation course as soon as possible with a good percentage of aggregate.
It does not matter that in which stream you have done the graduation , you just have to complete the graduation in any stream...
All the best..
20th February 2012, 02:25 PM
Steve Jobs_

You should go for science Stream to become an IPS officer ,Its good you have selected your aim.
The minimum eligibility for IPS officer you need to be Graduate.
You must be citizen of India to apply for IPS officer.
And your Age must be lie between 21 to 30 years, and there is relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

Good Luck Stay Hungry and stay foolish and do hard work.
20th February 2012, 03:29 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

he minimum academic qualification that a candidate should need to possess in order to become an IPS officer is Graduation.

Here is the complete selection procedure which a candidate should crack to become an IPS officer.

-Interview

Below are the few popular areas and their related courses
Job Area Best Courses and Steam
Medical- Doctor Science stream with Biology
Engineering- Civil, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronic Science with Physics, Chemistry & Math
Financial- C.A, C.S, ICWA, Banking & insurance sector Commerce Stream
Civil Services – IAS, IPS, IFS etc Arts Stream is recommended
IT Sector – Programmer Science is advisable but you can also take commerce
Teacher- TGT, PGT Arts, Commerce or Science
Air force, Navy Science
20th February 2012, 03:57 PM
priyanka_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnareshsunrise View Post
The minimum academic qualification that a candidate should need to possess in order to become an IPS officer is Graduation.

-Interview

Here is the required eligibility criteria for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-There is a relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category and upto 10 years for the candidates with Physical Disabilities.

So, I suggest you to opt for 12th class with the subjects which you are interested and then apply for Graduation with the stream which contains similar subjects.

Choose the optional subjects for Main Exam and start preparing for the same from the 1st year of Graduation.

For complete information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Dear ,

You got all the basic fundamental details from above , but would like to know you that any stream graduation is eligible for IPS exam .

one thing you must know is while you appear in Mains Exam of IPS there you are asked about your subjects so there they test your stream knowledge.

Best Regards
20th February 2012, 04:10 PM
Syedsam01
Member+

Dear aspirant,
It does'nt matter that which stream you choose because the eligibilty criteria for IPS is just graduation, wheater from science, commerce or humminities(arts), but the subjects of arts such as History, Geography, Political Science etc will directly helps in Civil services or IPS, and arts subjects also covers many aspects such as General Studies and in mains as a subjects,
I hope it will help you.
Best of Luck.
20th February 2012, 06:25 PM
rvidyasagar

IPS is part of the Indian Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC. You just need to be a graduate in any discipline to be eligible to appear in this exam. However, for your consumption, I would like you to go through my following obserations, while deciding the stream.

The UPSC has analyzed the success rates of candidates of various degrees in the 2009 Civil Services Exam. The annual report is available in their website.

From this, you will notice that among the UG candidates, the success rate is highest for MBBS with a percentage of 18.3. BDS is second with a success rate of 11.6%. BE/BTech, etc candidates had a success rate of 11.3%, while BSc Agri candidates came fourth at 11.1%.

Of course, the total no, of appeared candidates were quite less for MBBS and BDS at 420 and 69 respectively. There were 2267 candidates of BE, etc and 72 candidates of BSc Agri. These numbers relate to the main exam and do not have anything to do with the Prelims.

The success rate for BA was 5.0%, BCom 5.2% and BSc 4.4%.

If you take PGs, MD candidates had a marvellous success rate of 18.8% (3 out of 16) and LLM 13.8% (4 out of 29).

I think I have given a fair idea of who has more chances of selection. Please evaluate from your end. The details are available in p 98 of the Annual Report 2010-11 (which is the latest published by UPSC).

All the best.
10th May 2012, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

hello,sir how i become to an ips officer after passing 12 class
31st January 2013, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Is height necessary for becoming an IPS officer
5th July 2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

what are the fitness point to became an IPS officer?
26th August 2013, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

does 10 class cgpa matters in thr exam..?? as if a person is getting just 50% then is there is any problem
11th October 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

can i join feorest service after 2 ?
23rd November 2013, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

how much c g p a do they want me to get science stream
20th January 2017, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I'm in standard 10. And I want to become ips but my height is only 144 cm so what should I do after completing 10th?
20th January 2017, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I'm in standard 10 and I want to become an ips but my height is only 140 cm so what should I do?
5th October 2017, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am in 9th standard and i want to become an IPS officer so please tell how much percentage is required in 10th and 12th standard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?