13th November 2016, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose after completing class 10th to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure to apply for the IPS exam?

Respected Sir, I have completed class 10th and now I want to know which stream should I choose after completing class 10th to become an IPS officer? Please tell me the procedure to apply for the IPS exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I take after 10th to become an IPS Officer?
  2. Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IPS Officer in the future?
  3. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS Officer? Which is the best School or College for training?
  4. Which stream in class 12th will be helpful to become an IPS Officer? How can I prepare for the IPS entrance exam? -- [New]
  5. Which course should I opt for after completion of 10th class to become an IPS Officer?
  6. How can I become a IPS officer after completing 10th class?
  7. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS officer in the future?
  8. Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?
  9. Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to become IPS Officer?
  10. What is the qualification needed to become an IPS Officer? Can a Commerce stream candidate apply for IPS exam?
  11. Which stream should I choose in class 12th to become a high rank Police Officer like SI, IPS and IAS?
  12. How to become an IPS officer after completing B.E -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  14. Which stream should I choose after completing class 10th to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure to apply for the IPS exam?
  15. How to become IPS Officer after completion of 10th Class with 96% of marks?
  16. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
  17. How can I become an IPS officer after completing graduation? What are the physical requirements for IPS post?
  18. What should I do to become an IPS officer after 12th?
13th November 2016, 11:14 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after completing class 10th to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure to apply for the IPS exam?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue any stream in 12th and in bachelor degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all these stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2016, 09:38 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after completing class 10th to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure to apply for the IPS exam?

To become IPS you can chose any stream after 10th. But whatever stream you chose,study carefully with full understanding. You can apply for IPS only after completing of your graduation & not before that. So, chose the stream wisely as you will not get a chance to change it. In India candidates from the Arts stream apply most for the Civil Service Exam.
14th November 2016, 12:53 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for "Indian Police Service" and to for that you have appear for an entrance examination known as Civil Services Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. To appear for this examination you have to fulfill the below eligibility criteria:

> Only Indian citizens are allowed to appear for this examination.

> You must complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized board.

> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years, for SC/ST candidates it is relaxed by 5 years and for OBC candidates it is 3 years.

You can choose any stream after 10th and complete your graduation in order to be eligible for the examination. Hence, if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you can apply for this examination.

You have to visit the official website at : http://www.upsconline.nic.in and fill up the application form online as per their guidelines/instructions. You have to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (for SC/ST/PWD candidates its free). You can pay the amount in any SBI branch through cash/net banking/credit card/debit card. Make sure that you attach your photograph and put your signature while filling up the form.
14th November 2016, 07:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer after completion of your 10th standard, there is no need to opt for any particular stream for pursuing your higher studies. You can pursue your higher studies in any stream of your interest. To be eligible to apply for IPS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a recognised university. So, I suggest you to choose any course and any stream of your interest for pursuing your higher studies to become an IPS officer.
15th November 2016, 08:52 PM
princekainth2

Eligibility for IPS exam is Bachelors degree.

So, you can take any stream in class 11/12th of your interest.
You can also take any course of your interest in College(so that it may become easy for you).

To Become IPS officer afterward, you will have to give entrance exam known as Civil Services Examination which is Conducted by UPSC.
You can fill Application form and read all the other information you should know regarding exam on website upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?