26th December 2016, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Is there any height and weight requirement for civil services and defence exams?

I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year from CSE department. I want to know there is any restrictions for the girl who has less weight and small height in all the exams of civil services and defence?

27th December 2016, 10:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any height and weight requirement for civil services and defence exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year from CSE department. I want to know there is any restrictions for the girl who has less weight and small height in all the exams of civil services and defence?
For IPS post, there are physical criteria. But IAS exam doesn't require any physical criteria.

Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force entrance exam is conducted by UPSC through CDS exam.

Physical fitness criteria for IPS and CDS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
27th December 2016, 10:17 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any height and weight requirement for civil services and defence exams?

For civil services exam there is no specific height and weight required but for the jobs in defense sector there is some physical requirements :
Your minimum height should be 152 cms and your weight should be according to your height. If you don't fulfill the physical requirements then you can try for civil services exams. Thanks
23rd February 2018, 07:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir, for combine defence Service who know minimum high is 157cm but my height is 155cm from manipur hilly areas .that why I requested you. It's allowed to be joined as a army officer for north east hilly areas
2nd July 2019, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Is there any height criteria in civil defence for female?
22nd March 2020, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

How much minimum hight of civil defense
22nd March 2020, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

How much minimum hight in Delhi civil defense
24th March 2020, 09:38 PM
Himanshu0071
Junior Member+

To apply for IAS exam you don't need to fulfill any physical criteria but in case of Indian police services you need to fulfill some physical criteria .
In case of defense services ,the entrance for army ,navy and airforce is conducted by UPSC through CDSE where in you need a minimum 165 cm of height in case of male candidates while females need 150 cm .The height relaxation of 5cm is given to those who belong to OBC category .
The chest is required 84 cm in case of male candidates with 5cm expansion while in case of females they require 79 cm with 5 cm expansion.
26th May 2020, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I wear power glasses for my eyes . Can i aplt for civil defence?
26th May 2020, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I wear power glasses for my eyes. So, can i apply for civil defence,delhi?
2nd June 2020, 10:38 AM
HGK7

Post Re: Is there any height and weight requirement for civil services and defence exams?

Hi dear,

For IPS post, there are physical criteria. But IAS exam doesn't require any physical criteria.

Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force entrance exam is conducted by UPSC through CDS exam.

Physical fitness criteria for IPS and CDS exam:-

Height
For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :
Male:160 cm and female :145 cm
Chest
Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight
For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision

All the best!!
19th October 2020, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem if i have tatoo on my left hand?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?