2nd August 2016, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

How to join as a CID officer?

Name:Santhosh.R
DOB:26.12.97
Place:Bangalore
Qualification:2nd PUC
Respected Sir/Madam,
I'm Santhosh from Bangalore and i doing my first year B.Com. From my childhood I'm interested to become a CID officer but I don't know anything about it. Please Sir/Madam I need information and procedure to become a CID officer. Thanking you.

3rd August 2016, 10:53 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join as a CID officer?

In order to join CID, candidates will have to appear for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC every year. Candidates should have a minimum qualification of 12th standard, however the higher post you wish to opt for, the higher your qualifications should be, like if you wish to apply for Officer level post, you should then have to have a valid graduation degree from a recognized University.

In order to prepare for the examination, you can either do it on your own, or you can also get admission in any good coaching Institute in order to get prepared for the examination. I have mentioned below the names of some of the coaching Institutes providing classes for CID exams preparation, you can contact them to get the details further.

> Ask Infotech
Address: 8 A, Ekdalia Place, Kolkata - 700019, Near Ballygunge Station Bata
Phone: +(91)-33-66348224

> The Satisfaction Academy(TSA)
Address: Address: 39 Purbayan,3, Rifle Range Road,Belghoria, Kolkata, West Bengal 700056
Phone:089612 15410

> IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
Address: Address: 190, Rash Behari Avenue, Ekdalia, Ballygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700019
Phone:033 2465 9001

> CL Educate Ltd
Address: 24B, 3rd Floor, Park Centre Building, Park Street, Opposite Park Plaza, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016
Phone:033 4001 7777

> Subhrashis Shiksha Niketan
Address: 362, Main Road, Kolkata - 700068, Near Aurobindo Seba Kendra
Phone: +(91)-33-24292370, +(91)-9831564729
3rd August 2016, 02:51 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

CID stands for Crime Investigation Department:-

They investigate cases life Murder case, Serious Assaut case, Rubberies, Fraud and any Sexual Crime etc.

Eligibility for CID officer:-

Citizenship- citizenship should be the citizen of India
Sex- male and female both can apply for this post
Education- the minimum requirement is that the candidate should have complete at least 12th standard

But if candidate is interested in joining a higher field, then candidate should complete graduation in any stream from a recognised University

Age limit:-

The age limit is 20 years to 27 years

Age relaxation is provided for reserved category

5 years for SC / St categories( 20 years to 32 years) 3 years for OBC categories (20 years to 30 years)

Physical requirement for CID officer:-

Height for men -165 centimetres
Height for women -150 centimetres
Chest -76 centimetres with Expansion

Attempt for CID officer examination:-

For general category - 4 attempts
For SC / St category- no limit
For OBC category -7 attempts

Selection process for CID officers :-

The selection process is based on the written test and personal interview.
14th October 2020, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Plz help me where is the Coaching center for CID I'm now degree completed
19th October 2020, 09:32 PM
chin6303

Unhappy Re: How to join as a CID officer?

How to join as a CID officer

To join CID, a candidate must have done graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

A candidate who has already completed graduation can join this department as a sub-inspector.

There are many universities in India that offer degrees in criminology and criminal justice at the graduation level which may be helpful to join CID.

Age Limit: 20 to 27 years

Selection Process
Written Test
Physical Fitness Test
Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?