8th December 2016, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board and after completing it I want to become an IAS or IPS Officer so I want to know what should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after completion of 12th Class in PCM from CBSE Board to become an IPS Officer?
  2. Which entrance exams do I have to write after completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam?
  3. Which stream in class 12th will be helpful to become an IPS Officer? How can I prepare for the IPS entrance exam?
  4. How to become an IAS or IPS after passing class 12th PCM
  5. What is the qualification to write IAS or IPS entrance exam?
  6. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
  7. What should I do after completing class 12th to become an IPS officer?
  8. Can I appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th? If not then when can I appear for the IPS exam?
  9. CBSE board allows to change in class 11 and class 12?
  10. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  11. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?
  12. What to do after 12th board exam to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which degree course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  14. Is it beneficial to get admission in 12th from other Board if disqualified in 11th PCM CBSE?
  15. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer after completing class 10th from Bihar Board? How should I start preparing for the exam? -- [New]
  16. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  17. Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?
  18. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
10th December 2016, 12:10 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write?

You are required to pursue Graduation after completion of 12th Class to become an IAS officer or IPS officer. The minimum qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IAS or IPS Examination is Graduate Degree from a recognized university. You are required to appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
10th December 2016, 12:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board and after completing it I want to become an IAS or IPS Officer so I want to know what should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

You should study graduation in any discipline after 12th from CBSE Board to become an IAS or IPS Officer in future. To become an IPS or IAS Officer you should appear for the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC. The civil service examination eligibility is a pass in graduation in any discipline. The civil services examination has three parts. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. There are various coaching classes available for the civil service examinations. The civil service examinations are conducted every year. You have to qualify all the three parts in civil service examinations to become an IAS or IPS Officer. There are no entrance examinations to become an IPS or IAS Officer.
10th December 2016, 05:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S or I.P.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC and eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, if you are pursuing the degree you need to prepare for examination also as the examination needs better preparation to qualify in it.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th December 2016, 08:28 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

IAS and IPS exams conducted by UPSC separately every year. For applying you have to complete your graduation first. After completion of your graduation in any stream from a recognized university you will be eligible for these exams. If you want to give IPS exam then you should keep yourself physically and mentally fit. Thanks
10th December 2016, 11:29 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. As you are studying in 12th standard with PCM subjects from CBSE board, so after completing it you have to complete bachelor's degree in any discipline. After that you have to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year and for that you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You must complete your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. For OBC candidates the age is relaxed by 3 years and for SC/ST candidates it is relaxed by 5 years.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> For males the height should be 165 cms and for females 150 cms.

> For males the width of chest should be 84 cms and for females 79 cms.

> Normal eyesight of 6/6 is required.

> You must be physically and mentally fit.

The selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the examination followed by physical/medical test and personal interview.
7th June 2017, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I have commerce stream with computer science presently in 12th, so after completing the 1 th if I want to go for the civil services so please suggest me how to go ahead.
13th June 2017, 10:29 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: What should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write?

After your successful completion of your 12th exam you need get a degree from a recognised institution after that you should need to apply for civil services examination conducted by union public service commission conducted every year it is done in three stages preliminary, mains and interview after passing this examination in top ranks to you will definitely become an IAS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?