4th November 2017, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

What should I study further after HSC?

Hi, I am studying in HSC. I have scored 92% in SSC. I am interested in teaching in college. So, what should I do after HSC? Please tell me the whole process.

5th November 2017, 09:49 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study further after HSC?

Course Opportunities available after completion of HSC Course:

As you are very much interested in teaching, you are required to choose the stream wisely. Some of the courses available after completion of 12th Class are given below.

>> PCM subjects

>> Commerce Stream

>> Medical Stream..etc.,

In order to get into the teaching field, you are required to pursue B.Ed Course and then appear in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Examination. The basic educational qualification required to pursue B.Ed course is Graduation in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks. Order of the courses to pursue are given below.

@ 12th Class with PCM subjects
@ Graduation (B.A in your desired stream) or any other Graduation courses
@ B.Ed course
@ Appear in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Examination
5th November 2017, 11:39 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you are studying in 12th standard and your aim is to become a teacher in college, so after completing 12th standard you have to opt for bachelor degree course. It may be like B.Com/B.Sc/BBA/B.Tech/BBM/BCA/B.A etc. depending upon your stream. After that you have to go further for master's degree in the relevant discipline. It would be better if you have a B.Ed degree. Having a teaching experience will be an extra advantage.
5th November 2017, 03:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am studying in HSC. I have scored 92% in SSC. I am interested in teaching in college. So, what should I do after HSC? Please tell me the whole process.

You can study various technical and non technical courses after completion of HSC with good marks. There are courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BNYS, BPT, BE/BTech, B.Arch, CA, CS, CMA, BA, BSc courses. You should choose the course based on the subjects you are studying in the 12th standard. You can also study courses like Hotel Management, Animation and Graphics, Multimedia, Fashion Designing, Law etc. after completion of 12th standard. Actually, one should choose the course based on his ability, skill and interest. The above given are some of the options available for the HSC passed students.
5th November 2017, 05:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about teaching in college then for that you need to become a lecturer or a professor.

Further for becoming a lecturer or a professor in UGC approved university you need to qualify NET ( National Eligibility Test ) held by CBSE.

Also for appearing in NET, you need to have completed your Master's degree in your interested subject with atleast 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate you should first go for your graduation degree course followed by master degree course with that subject in which you are interested and which you would like to teach. Once you complete your Master degree course with required aggregate you can appear and qualify NET to be eligible for becoming lecturer in colleges.

For more details about NET you can visit its official link which is www.cbsenet.nic.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?