2nd June 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in LLB having 66% in 12th and 64% in DCA?

Hi, I am Prabhjeet Kaur from Ludhiana and I have done 12th in 2014. After that I did my DCA in 2015. In both qualifications my percentage is 66% and 64% respectively. Am I eligible for LLB admission?

2nd June 2016, 06:16 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in LLB having 66% in 12th and 64% in DCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Prabhjeet Kaur from Ludhiana and I have done 12th in 2014. After that I did my DCA in 2015. In both qualifications my percentage is 66% and 64% respectively. Am I eligible for LLB admission?

Sorry, you are not eligible to do LLB course with 12th and Diploma qualifications.
The eligibility to study the course is a pass in any graduation like B.A or B.Sc or B.Com with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognised university. You have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many law colleges in India like
Government Law College, Mumbai - Official Website
Dr.B.R. Ambedkar College of Law - Official Website
KLE Society’s Law College - Official Website
Bharati Vidyapeeth - Official Website

The aspirant can study 5 year Law Degree (BA LLB or BBA LLB) with 12th qualification in the same colleges also.
2nd June 2016, 08:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in LLB having 66% in 12th and 64% in DCA?

On the basis of class 12th you can appear for any law entrance exam like CLAT for admission in LLB. Through CLAT you can get admission in the top national law universities.

Hence, just be prepared for entrance exam. Admission will be on the basis of rank through counselling.
2nd June 2016, 08:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course after pursuing which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

Basically, on the basis of duration of course and educational qualification of applicant LLB courses are offered in two types which are as discussed below :-

I) LLB courses of three years, for who pursues the same course after completing his/her graduation degree course from a recognized university.

II) LLB course of five years, for who pursues the same course after completing his/her higher secondary school degree course from a recognized university.

So as per your educational qualification mentioned you are eligible for pursuing LLB course of five years as for pursuing the same course from private law college basically aggregate does not matters.

But for pursuing the same course from any of the National Law Universities (NLUs) of India you will have to clear CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) and for more details about CLAT you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
3rd June 2016, 12:54 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry that you are not eligible for LLB after completing 12th standard.

- Applicants should have passed Bachelor Degree in any faculty with a minimum of 50% of marks from a recognized university to be eligible for LLB.

Applicants with a valid CLAT or LSAT score are also eligible to pursue this course. Admissions are based on the merit in the CLAT examination score.

Being a 12th standard student, you are eligible to apply for the Integrated LLB course. 12TH standard with 50% of marks is the minimum educational qualification needed to apply for the Integrated LLB course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?