4th November 2015, 03:05 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study LLB in Calcutta University with 50% in 12th?

Hi Sir,
I have completed 12th with 50% marks and I want to do admission LLB course in Calcutta University. My age is now 19 years. Please tell me sir am I eligible for admission in LLB course?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study LLB form Calcutta University? I am a 71 years old student
  2. Detailed procedure and eligibility to study LLM after completing B.Com from Calcutta University?
  3. How canI get admission in B.Com LLB 3 years course under Calcutta University? Is there any entrance exam for it?
  4. Can I study LLM in UK being a LLB student of Calcutta University?
  5. Can i study LLB in calcutta university and in any correspondence course after scoring 62% in HS?
  6. Can I do graduation once again to pursue LLB?
  7. Can I do graduation twice from two different university with the gap of 6 years between them?
  8. Am I eligible for LLB exam of Calcutta University after scoring 63% in 12th at the age of 24?
  9. Age limit for BA LLB from Calcutta University?
  10. Universities offering LLB after B.Com (2005 batch) from Calcutta University with 39% marks?
  11. How to take admission in LLB 3 years course from University of Calcutta
  12. Am I eligible for LLB course after graduating from Calcutta University with 44.5% marks?
  13. What can I do to study LLB after 12th? Qualifications required for studying and syllabus of the exam? What kind of questions appear in LLB entrance? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to do LLB from Calcutta University after completing graduation with 57%?
  15. Can I pursue LLB course after doing B.Com Hons from Calcutta University?
  16. Eligibility criteria and cutoff marks required in CLAT to study B.B.A.LLB. for 12th Commerce candidate? What is the scope of B.B.A.LLB?
  17. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Economics) in Calcutta University if secured 79.25% in 12th?
  18. How to do LLB after scoring 42% marks from Calcutta University
7th November 2015, 07:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study LLB in Calcutta University with 50% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I have completed 12th with 50% marks and I want to do admission LLB course in Calcutta University. My age is now 19 years. Please tell me sir am I eligible for admission in LLB course?
Eligibility criteria for LLB course in Calcutta University:-

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible for LLB course.

Your age should be below 20 years.
7th November 2015, 08:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Calcutta University is one of the finest government universities for the law courses.

It offers BA LLB course to those who are interested for opting law courses after their higher secondary school degree. The duration if same course is 5 years and one pursuing the same course get the designation of LLB honors and BA honors after the completion of same course.

--> For admission in the Calcutta University for admission in the same course you will have to clear its respective entrance examination for which you will need to have a higher secondary school degree with at least 45% aggregate ( in case of SC/ST and PH candidates it is 40% ) from a recognized institute. Students having any equivalent degree are also eligible as well as those who are pursuing final year of their respective degree course are eligible.

--> There is no age limit for appearing in the same examination.

So having done your 12th with 50% aggregate, you are definitely eligible for appearing in the entrance examination in order to take admission in the Calcutta University.

For details concerning with entrance examination you must refer to the link www.caluniv.ac.in.
17th August 2019, 03:12 PM
Alapanporel

You are eligible to take admission in Calcutta University. For pursuing BA LLB. But I would recommend you to appear for CLAT exam t ake admission in NLU'S. That that's the best College for law students. anyone can easily crack clat and take admission in NLUS. Now is your time to take decision. Best of luck.
20th August 2019, 01:19 PM
ARPITVERMA1116

Yes, you are eligible to study in LLB in Calcutta university.
As minimum 45% aggregate is required for General category in 10+2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?