31st May 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CLAT to study 3 years LLB course if completed B.Com being a 21 years old candidate?

Hello everyone,
I am 21 year old and completed my B.Com.
I would like to know am I eligible to apply
for CLAT? I have done graduation and
I want to do three years LLB course.

31st May 2015, 09:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CLAT to study 3 years LLB course if completed B.Com being a 21 years old candidate?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission test and the examination is held for the selection of candidates for their law courses from top universities of India.

LLB means Bachelor of legislative law and this is a course after completing which you will head towards becoming an advocate which is a highly respectable post in the administrative society .

The same course is offered in two ways on the basis of duration of course one is the 3 years course for students having bachelor degree and other is the 5 year course for the students having senior secondary degree .

Since you are a B.Com graduate so you are eligible for LLB 3 years course for which you must have 55 aggregate in your graduation ( in case of sc/st you must have at least 50% marks ) from a recognized university .There is no upper age limit for the same course as per the new norms .So you are eligible for the same examination .

The application form for this examination for every new session are available during the period of 1st January to 31st March of every year .

For more information regarding the same examinations and details regardind the pattern of examination log on to the link www.clat.ac.in .
1st June 2015, 12:15 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CLAT to study 3 years LLB course if completed B.Com being a 21 years old candidate?

Yes,you can apply for CLAT to study 3 years LLB course .

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law.There are two ways to do LLB course. One is after 10+2 and another is after graduation.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after 10+2 are following:-

-The candidate must have secured minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in 10+2 exam in any stream from a recognized board.

-The candidate should not exceed 20 years of age.For SC/ST candidate it is 22 years.

-The candidate has to clear CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

-The duration for this LLB course is 5 years.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes;

* Logical Reasoning

*General Awareness

*Aptitude Test

*Communication skills.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after graduation are following:-

-The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline with at least 45%(40% for SC/ST) marks from a recognized university.

-The candidate must have attained a age of 17 years on the date of application.There is no upper age-limit for admission.

-The duration for this LLB course is 3 years.
1st June 2015, 12:44 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear, you are eligible to apply for CLAT Entrance Examination with LLB course. Infact General required qualification is Intermediate from a recognized board of State board or Central board.

To know more details about eligibility criteria about the CLAT Examination you must have a look on the below information .

Eligibility Criteria for CLAT examination :

<> You should have completed 10+2 with minimum 50% of marks from the recognized university.

<> There is a Percentage relaxation of 5% for SC/ST categories

<> Age should be below 20 years and there is a relaxation for SC/ST about 2 years.

For more details about the eligibility you must look on the Official website of CLAT Examination.
1st June 2015, 01:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I am 21 year old and completed my B.Com.
I would like to know am I eligible to apply
for CLAT? I have done graduation and
I want to do three years LLB course.
No, you are not eligible for CLAT exam.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 years for under graduate course.

www.clat.ac.in
1st June 2015, 12:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for CLAT examination to study 3 years LLB course, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

--> You should have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate with not less than an aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ ST) marks from a recognized Board.

--> Your age should be below 20 years as on 1st July of the year of examination. In case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates, the maximum age limit is 22 years.

Since, you are 21 years old, you are eligible to apply for CLAT examination only if you belong to SC/ST/PWD Category.
28th March 2016, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for clat to study 3 year llb completed my graduation with 60% being a 22year old candidate with general category
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?