11th May 2017, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed CA IPCC exam without any graduation degree?

I have passed my CA IPCC exams but I do not posses any graduation degree but somewher I read tha CA IPCC is equivalant to graduation so can I appear for IAS exam? Can you please give me the details on this soon? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
26th May 2017, 08:38 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed CA IPCC exam without any graduation degree?

First thing I would like to let you know that CA IPCC ( Integrated professional competence course ) is not a degree which is considered equivalent to a bachelor degree course till now.

So as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services examination to be an IAS officer on the basis of CA IPCC degree then you are not eligible as for the same examination minimum requirement is a bachelor degree​ in any discipline but CA IPCC is not considered equivalent to any bachelor degree course.

So in order to appear in Civil Services examination you must either complete your CA final which is equivalent to a Master's degree in Commerce or go for any simple undergraduate degree course.

For details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to its official link i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
27th May 2017, 08:27 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed CA IPCC exam without any graduation degree?

Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services Exam every year. The main eligibility criteria is that student must possess graduation degree from any recognized university.

**I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for IAS exam as CA IPCC is not equivalent to graduation degree. You are eligible only for IAS exam after completing your graduation degree either through distance mode or through regular mode. In my opinion you have to take admission in graduation course from distance mode and prepare for IAS exam as well. This will help a lot.

**If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria, age limit, exam pattern etc then you can go through the detailed notification of UPSC Civil Services Exam in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017.pdf(2.52 MB, 39 views)
28th May 2017, 01:01 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my CA IPCC exams but I do not posses any graduation degree but somewher I read tha CA IPCC is equivalant to graduation so can I appear for IAS exam? Can you please give me the details on this soon? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!
Sorry that you are not eligible for IAS entrance exam without Completing Graduation course. It is mandatory that you must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
17th March 2021, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I Got new information from ICAI ,CA ipcc is equivalent for graduation. So I can apply for civil service exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?