20th September 2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam if I have completed my graduation with only 55% marks?

I have done my graduation with B.com(Hons) Management and i am now pursuing my M.A (English Literature). Will i be eligible to take the exam if my degree completes with 55 % or above marks?I am aspiring to be an English Lecturer.

20th September 2015, 11:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam if I have completed my graduation with only 55% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my graduation with B.com(Hons) Management and i am now pursuing my M.A (English Literature). Will i be eligible to take the exam if my degree completes with 55 % or above marks?I am aspiring to be an English Lecturer.
UGC NET exam is not depend on graduation degree course. It is depends on your post graduation degree course. So if you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
20th September 2015, 11:51 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam if I have completed my graduation with only 55% marks?

The UGC NET details are as given below.

-> The candidate should have gained at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc are eligible for this Test.

-> The candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited are eligible for UGC NET exam.
21st September 2015, 12:28 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is good to see that you are interested to become an English Lecturer. Graduation score will not take into consideration for the UGC NET entrance exam. You are required to score at least 55% of marks in Master Degree to be eligible to apply for the UGC NET entrance exam.

The educational qualification required for the UGC NET exam is the Post Graduation degree with at least 55% from a recognized university and 5% marks relaxation will give to SC/ST category. So, if You complete Master Degree with 55% then you are eligible for the UGC NET exam otherwise worry you are ineligible.

There is an age criteria for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) should be not more than 28 years and upper age relaxation to 5 years for SC / ST / PWD / and 3 years for OBC. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
21st September 2015, 09:56 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, the eligibility for the NET examination is on the basis of the aggregate in the Master's degree. So it is not possible to suggest you about your eligibility.

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test and the examination is conducted by the UGC twice every year in the month of June and the December for the recruitment as a Lecturer and the Junior Research Fellowship.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the Master's degree from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have scored 55% in the Master's degree.
* Candidates age must be less than 28 years for the Fellowship post.

So, to get any more information about the examination visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.
21st September 2015, 12:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UGC NET is the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. This test is conducted for the Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship every year. To apply for this exam, a candidate must have done master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

The percentage of marks required in master's degree to apply for the exam is 55% for general and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates.

So, yes if you complete your master's degree in English Literature with 55% or more you can apply for the exam without any doubt. If you have any more query, you can visit www.ugc.ac.in for further details.
21st September 2015, 06:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the National Eligibility Test conducted in the month of the June if you have given your 2nd year examination for the M.A

The required qualification to appear for the NET examination conducted by the UGC is candidates must have passed there master's degree from the recognised university with at least 55% aggregate in the examination.

So you can appear for it if you are in the final year of the Master's degree. For any more query about the examination pattern and syllabus visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.
21st September 2015, 07:24 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

NET i.e National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission twice in a year for admission to Lectureship, JRF and Ph.d courses.

Eligibility Criteria:

The candidate should have completed master degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate(50% marks for reserved categories). The candidate who have appeared or appearing in the final year of master degree course may also apply.

Age limits:

The candidate age should not more than 28 years at the time of appearing for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. No upper age limits are applicable for Lectureship.
21st September 2015, 08:13 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you can eligible for NET after your masters.

Eligibility for UGC-NET exam ;

A Master or Post Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks
There is no bar for age means you may apply for this exam at any stage of the age

Candidates must have at least 50% marks in his/her all academic classes - Graduation, 10th and 12th

Correspondence courses are also eligible to get admission in NET and you may easily apply and there is no problem for you if you are from reserved category and after qualifying NET exam you would be a government lecturer.
21st September 2015, 09:29 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for UGC NET exam if completed graduation with only 55% marks or above. You can apply after completion of your Masters degree.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have secured more than 55% marks in Masters degree from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 28 years.
23rd September 2015, 06:01 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

You are eligible for the UGC NET examination only if you have completed your post Graduation. it does not depends on the Graduation level studies. So, after the completion Post Graduation you are eligible if you fulfill the required eligibility.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET exam:

Candidates must have passed Post Graduation from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST candidates.
There is no age criteria for UGC NET exam but for JRF posts the age should be within 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?