21st January 2016, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for Combined Graduate Entrance exam with graduation degree through distance education?

I have completed my graduation from ignou through distance education mode. Now i want to appear for the combined graduate level examination. So tell me if i am eligible to write the examination?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for SSC graduate level exam after doing BSc maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
  2. Does this possible to do part time M.Sc after completion of B.Sc?
  3. Am I eligible to appear for SSC graduate level exams after BSc Maths through distance?
  4. Am I eligible to appear for level exam while doing BSc Maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
  5. Am I eligible to appear for ICET entrance exam for MBA? I have done degree through distance education
  6. Eligibility to do MBA from abroad Universities after having graduation degree in distance learning mode?
  7. Is a Candidate Eligible for Group 2 Exam after completing degree in Distance Education?
  8. Am I eligible for SSC combined graduate level exam after completing my graduation in 4 years?
  9. Can I be eligible for distance education after completing graduation in BBA with 47%?
  10. MBA in Aviation after Aircraft maintenance engineering for 2 and a half years?
  11. B.Sc(IT) distance education students can appear in JECA 2016?
  12. Am I eligible for IAS test after graduating from distance education? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to appear in Group 2 exam along with my distance learning degree program?
  14. Is distance degree valid for applying NET exam? What is the minimum eligibility criteria for it?
  15. Are candidates with distance education degree eligible for UPSC examinations?
  16. Am I eligible for Government job if I have completed B.Com in distance mode?
  17. Can I do B.Ed after completing BSc with 48%? Names of the colleges/institute?
  18. Will I be eligible for Bank PO after bachelor degree from distance education?
21st January 2016, 01:11 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am i eligible for Combined Graduate Entrance exam with graduation degree through distance education?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Combined Graduate Level examination. CGL examination is conducted by SSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 18-27 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all these stages for final recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.ssc.nic.in
21st January 2016, 02:33 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Am i eligible for Combined Graduate Entrance exam with graduation degree through distance education?

Yes you are eligible for combined Graduate entrance exam if you have completed your graduationa from IGNOU as IGNOU university is given equal status like other university.But for this exam that is conducted by SSC your age should lie between 18 to 27 years and qualification should be graduation with one subject compulsory among economics, statistics and mathematics in graduation.
21st January 2016, 03:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, distance mode graduation from a recognized university is definitely valid for CGL exam. IGNOU is a recognized distance mode university, therefore, no need to worry.

SSC CGL notification says nothing about the regular or distance mode degree. There is only requirement for degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
21st January 2016, 05:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Combined Graduate Level exam is:

*Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Recognized university means recognized by UGC and if it is done in distance then it must be recognized by Distance Education council also.

Do not worry, IGNOU is approved body for distance education. You can apply for this exam with graduation degree from IGNOU.

*Age limit for exam is 18-27 years. For SI in CBI/CID it is 20-30 years.

*Examination process

1. Tier I.

2. Tier II.

3. Interview.
21st January 2016, 08:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course you are certainly eligible to appear in Combined Graduate Level Entrance Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CGL Entrance Examination is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is a distance learning national university and is run by the Central Government of India. As IGNOU is recognized as a Central University by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC), I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to appear in CGL Examination. The minimum educational qualification required for almost all the posts in SSC CGL Entrance Examination is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since IGNOU is a recognized university, you are definitely eligible to apply for CGL Recruitment.
21st January 2016, 10:04 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Combined graduate level examination (CGL) conducted by SSC.

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for CGL examination is that the candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

As you have completed your graduation from IGNOU which is recognized university, you are eligible to appear for CGL examination.
21st January 2016, 11:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed graduation degree from any recognised university are eligible to appear for CGL examination.

As, IGNOU is a recognised university, so candidate passed degree from IGNOU are also eligible to appear for examination.

The age limit to appear for examination is 18-27 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST.

To get detail information about CGL examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
27th July 2021, 11:43 AM
Anujjindal12

Hi,

Yes, you can are eligible for the exam. because the eligibility of combined graduate entrance exam is:

A candidate should be between 18 and 32 years of age. Educational qualification: A candidate should complete a bachelor's degree from a recognised university or institute.

However, you can prepare for banking exams as well. As the syllabus is quite similar for most competitive exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?