13th October 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

B.Com(H) graduate who haven't studied Bengali is eligible for WBCS exam?

I m B.COM.(h) graduate. M I eligible for WBCS EXAM? Some told me since i am graduate from reputed english medium college and haven't studied bengali so i am not eligible?

25th October 2014, 01:45 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Com(H) graduate who haven't studied Bengali is eligible for WBCS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m B.COM.(h) graduate. M I eligible for WBCS EXAM? Some told me since i am graduate from reputed english medium college and haven't studied bengali so i am not eligible?

WBSC stands for West Bengal Civil Service

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in posts in West bengal state government.Yeah you are eligible for the WBCS exam.

The qualification which is needed for the exam is that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard.

> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 21-32 years and this is for General category candidate and there are certain relaxation for other category candidates and they are for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years

> Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have a degree of a recognized University and have ability to read, write and speak Bengal.

But as you have not studied Bengali,it makes you ineligible for applying for the exam

Regards
~Jxsab~
25th October 2014, 11:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Com(H) graduate who haven't studied Bengali is eligible for WBCS exam?

You can appear for WBCS only when you are able to write, speak and read Bengali language, also you should have a Graduate degree from a recognized university.

Hence, if you don't have knowledge of Bengali, then you must start taking classes for Bengali, if you are really interested in WBCS exam.

Also, according to WBCS notification, you must have knowledge of Bengali language and you should know how to read, write and speak Bengali lanaguge.

For more information visit WBCS Notification
5th July 2015, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in 5 year instead of 3 bcoz of a math paper which I am not able to clear in time.So I take 2 extra year to complete my graduation.Am I eligible for WBCS examination.Plz rply.Thank you
19th December 2016, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

What percentage need in secondary , high secondary and b.com (h) for wbcs exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?